• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 Verses .20

Agreed, it all depends what you are going to be doing with it, backyard stuff .117 call. Best all around for 10-100 yards (plinking, target, small game) would go with a .22. .20 is a non option due to limited ammo selection. Just know that if you stay in the game long enough you will get a .25 eventually. :) Happy shooting. I took my tax check and got a .25 Tactic (still waiting for it).

I think the .20 got popular with spring rifle shooters simply because the power limitations of most spring guns. If you were shooting a .177 your shots were coming out faster and you had a flatter trajectory. If you were shooting a .22, which has more knock down power for hunting than a .177, your shots were coming out slower and you had a more loopy trajectory. I think the .20 was just meant as a compromise between the two.

With the power of today's PCP that is not a compromise that has to be made any more. The only advantage with .20 that I can think of is that you might get a few more shots due to needing a bit less air. The difference however would not be worth it to me lose the selection of ammo that is available in .22 and the .22 will have a better balistic coefficient and be better for longer range shooting. I would take the .22 and not look back.

All the best, 
Cliff