Airgun Technologies .22 Uragan 700 mm overview & Talon Tunes

Right before the holidays, I decided I have room for one more nice air rifle in my collection. The one person I had never purchased a rifle from that seemed to have a really good reputation and be a great vendor that supports our hobby was Tony at Talon Tunes. So after a lot of on-line research, I got on the Talon Tunes website mid afternoon on Christmas Eve and ordered a new .22 Uragan 2 700 mm in the carbon fiber configuration. On the electronics order I asked for a couple of specific accommodations as noted in the comments/instructions section. I entered the payment info and hit “send.”

To my surprise, within about 5 minutes I had a personal e-mail from Tony acknowledging my order and requests. About four days later (Christmas was in the middle of this) I received the shipping notice. A total of about a week from the time I placed the order the rifle was in my hands, perfectly packed and delivered, arriving exactly as I had it.

At a glance, it is what you would expect from an Eastern European rifle, military/tactical style in appearance, highly functional, but certainly not with the finish of an FX Crown/King, Daystate Red Wolf etc. But I bought it because of its reputation for accuracy and function so I expected this in the first place.

I like everything about it except for two minor things. The safety isn’t positive in its position - no detent - so occasionally it will engage when you aren’t expecting it. Second, the air guage is so small one can’t easily read it.

Other than these items it is great. I purchased with the medium length factory moderator. Works well.

Tony had it tuned for the 25.4 Gr pellets and on my indoor range it was shooting sub moa groups (virtually one hole) at an average of 966 fos. The magazines load easily and work flawlessly.

I had ordered from a different vendor an Athlon Chronos scope to mount on this rifle that has not yet arrived so I installed a new Athlon Argos 8-32 FFP MOA scope I had in my rack as a spare.

I tested 11 different pellets and slugs on the indoor range and then this morning took the best performing six projectiles and shot two groups each outside on in less than ideal conditions - snowing with 8 mph crossing winds from the left. The testing distance was 84.1 yards.

The best performance in these conditions came from the ZAN 30.5 Gr slugs in .217. The group sizes were about half of that of the various pellets tested in the wind conditions. Strelok Pro calculated the BC at .100. The average velocity at 1’ from the muzzle with these slugs during set-up was 868 fps and the two 10 shot groups indoors average .275” with the smallest group only .18” (MOA).

I have attached the group target for you to see. All in all, I am very pleased with the rifle and very please with Tony and Talon Tunes.

DZ
IMG_0083.jpeg
IMG_0101.jpeg

Thanks for the report. :cool:

You and I must have ordered about the same time. Everything you said about your ordering and experience with Tony I agree with 100%!

My rifle is same as yours only in .25. I have Zans due here on the 10th. Based on your report I am very anxious to shoot the Zans.

I don't know if you have adjusted the reg. on your .22 yet??? I don't know if my results are proportional from my .25 to your .22, but if it is, you'll see a velocity increase/decrease of about 125FPS per 1/4-turn on the regulator.