22 springer?

I have a Walther Terrus in .22 that is easy to shoot and remarkably accurate to 40 yds with JSB 15.89 pellets. It has a TON of droop, but once that was overcome with adjustable mounts it is my go to springer. My kids and grandkids also find it easy to shoot. That said, I wonder if the RWS 3400 isn't pretty similar, and it is a special @ airguns of arizona, $179. Also, it isn't hard to find a used Diana 34, a typically good shooter in my experience, I have a .22 and .177, just need to find its favorite ammo.

You didn’t state an exact budget so here is a recommendation from my own experience. I really like the HW50 in .22. It’s an 11-12 fpe rifle perfect for the ranges you need. If you can find one in stock it should be in the $350 price range. Mine shoots really well with JSB 15.89 grain at just under 12fpe. You will get a nice wood stock with great blueing and high German build quality. It’s a rifle that will last a lifetime.

For a spring action I would look for a refurbished RWS 34. I had one in .177 and it was very accurate.

For a gas piston, I like the Benjamin's. My .22 NP2 Trail is accurate and puts out about 18 fpe. My son in law has been nailing the ground and red squirrels with his .22 NP2 Regal. Even with the cheap 4x scope that came with it.

I also had a .177 Gamo Whisper Raptor that very accurate, but their barrels are hit miss. No pun intended.