22 slug shooting

I'm trying to decide. I have an impact 25 w 700mm. I'm not a fan of the length. Considering that, I have compact 25 maverick. It does an amazing job but to get proper slug speed you'll have to really pump the reg.. would I be better off buying (maverick)22 barrel kit w/ 5 or 600.? Experience w/ shorter barrels? leaning towards a convential rifle . Suggestions? I don't want a Kentucky long rifle. Something you could hunt with.

While you're chewing on me, 30 cal suggestions. That should give every one something to hash over.

I just had a long talk with a tech at FX about my Maverick Compact .22 and slugs. The one thing I found out is you will need a heavier hammer weight the stock one is too light. When one is available I'll be swapping mine out but for now it is slinging pellets like a laser. I'veseen enough videos and talked to people who know to believe the Maverick Compact will handle slugs.

i have a .22 maverick compact too, installed the slug power kit and the huma high airflow transfer port.

i´m still not finished with the fine tuning but what i can tell is, that with a reg pressure of 155 bar it shoots 26gr slugs at a max. velocity of ~1050 fps.

At the moment i´m tuning it for the 23gr Javelin slugs, playing around what gives the tightest groups, until now it seems there is a sweetspot at 980-990fps. Will have to shoot longer distances as i could only test this out to 40yards until now. This setting will give 2-2,5 magazines worth of shots at 51 FPE - what i think is pretty impressive out of the small 300cc bottle and the short superior liner.