• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

.22 Slug Liner Vs B Liner in 600mm For FX Impact

I have good experience with the 600mm A Pellet liner and monsters, the 700mm different story (whobble) ... the slugliner and B liner both shoot the Monsters quite accurate (submoa), can´t tell wich one is the best but I prefer the slugliner since shoots almost all good (pellets and slugs)

Forgot to mention, speeds between 900 and 1000fps

I have good experience with the 600mm A Pellet liner and monsters, the 700mm different story (whobble) ... the slugliner and B liner both shoot the Monsters quite accurate (submoa), can´t tell wich one is the best but I prefer the slugliner since shoots almost all good (pellets and slugs)

Forgot to mention, speeds between 900 and 1000fps

Thanks edosan. Since b liner is also not in stock with most retailers i will buy slug liner as per your suggestion. 

1576173369_4878141455df27f39cf5442.45795935_20191203_223217.jpg
this a pic of a 14mm x 600mm .22 slug barrel that I have made for a client in Canada. We are using the brass thimble that came with the original equipment. After some consideration, I've been wondering if the brass piece could be deleted and made integral to the barrel. This will give better results with proper indexing, which is very important at longer distances. The unit pictured is indexed vertically with the transfer port. Wasn't an easy task but it is done. This is the original prototype so we'll see how it performs.

this a pic of a 14mm x 600mm .22 slug barrel that I have made for a client in Canada. We are using the brass thimble that came with the original equipment. After some consideration, I've been wondering if the brass piece could be deleted and made integral to the barrel. This will give better results with proper indexing, which is very important at longer distances. The unit pictured is indexed vertically with the transfer port. Wasn't an easy task but it is done. This is the original prototype so we'll see how it performs.

Looking forward to see the results on paper

Looks like LW blank being machined for Impact. 

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur 

... After some consideration, I've been wondering if the brass piece could be deleted and made integral to the barrel. This will give better results with proper indexing, which is very important at longer distances. The unit pictured is indexed vertically with the transfer port. Wasn't an easy task but it is done. This is the original prototype so we'll see how it performs.

It could easily be made indexable, and eliminate the brass. I've been sketching a couple ways to do this lately, but with a different caliber. Using the original style pellet probe with a single port hole is needed for the first design, and it would only index into three positions.

Basically it gets three ports made into the barrel, with three indexing notches also being cut to locate it on the rear block pin. The original pellet probe essentially hides the other two unused ports. The math indicated that only three ports could be had, otherwise it removes too much material in the bore that is needed to keep the pellet from tipping left or right.

Another way (better for fine tuning) would be to make a transfer port sleeve that is essentially the brass part and barrel but without threads. This would be a fairly tight friction fit onto the barrel and the barrel would need two radiused grooves turned in it to accommodate a roll pin that is pressed in through the transfer port part and an o-ring to seal any blow-by. Thus locking the port onto a groove turned on the barrel but allowing the two to rotate and not blow apart. The barrel could be indexed this way to any degree in relation to the port and the set screw on the side of the block would lock it in place.

Don’t label me a hater! But how does a topic that a member asks for some simple advice about a stock FX slug LINER A-B turn into a discussion about machining a whole new barrel/thimble for his or a CUSTOMER’s gun? Now don’t get me wrong it’s cool & well done, but I am interested in this thread, and it’s “TURNING” ( pun intended! )into a total different discussion! Come on guy’s let’s stay on track!

It is getting off topic, and that is my fault for helping answer BillG's questions. He is new to AGN and probably should have started his own new thread, but being new here he didn't understand that. His knowledge and his machining skills shouldn't be buried in someone else's thread. He's a good machinist helping us with his craft and we should welcome him, and yes, in the appropriate forum topic. I'll message him and request he start a new topic.

@BillG