• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 RAW 1000X Chassis is a Blunderbus

Did I say HEAVY? But I really like it so far. Put an Elemets scope on it and got it basically for longer range pesting. It's accuracy is amazing. There are probably better pellets for it but I have chosen Hades to use in all my PCPs. I have a metal rat, about twice real life size, and on the bench at 100 yds I can pretty much ding it most of the time if there's no wind. Need to learn and practice more with that variable. First time ever I am dialing turrets instead of hold over and under. All the rest of my rifles are bullpups and work great for short range pesting. Once over 50 yards, even though the experts on here say they are good to 100yds, I need a little more help from the equipment. I do need to change from entry level scopes on the bullpups to something better and maybe I'll feel better about longer shots with the pups.

I now have five pcps and that's one too many. I have the Pulsar .22, Veteran shorty .25, .25 FX Dreamlite tactical compact, the RTI Prophet .25 and now the RAW. I think I have decided the Veteran is going in the classifieds. That will leave me with two .22s and two .25s. Even though the .22s are supposed to be adequate for bird pesting I get a faster more solid kill shot with the .25s. I do like the loud thump that guarantes the Starling in the feed is down for good.

Unless you are out with the dairy cows mask up and be safer. Two out the four farmers in the permissions I have got Covid.

HEAVY is GOOD for bench precision shooting, which the HM1000X is firstly. It is a hunter only secondly by a pretty far margin.

The Chassis Stock lightens up the gun but since I shoot my RAWs off the bench only, I didn't much like it. Sold it off when I found another blunderbus available for sale here on the classifieds. I like the RAWs much better with their heavy wood furniture.

May also feel heavier to you since you are used to shooting 'pups. Much more weight towards the muzzle on a traditional rifle.