• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 pp700sa 15 month review

I’ve owned by pp700sa for over a year now. I purchased it after reading a post by @mmahoney. Where he gave an in depth review and called it a “working class Leishy”. I added it to my kit to fill a specific role, close range ratting (sub 20 yards). I’ve shot some rats at 5 yards and in! I’ve must be lucky because it’s been great right out the box. Initial chrono string of three, 10 shot groups with Crosman Premiers was 672 fps, 14 fpe. Used it as received and killed hundreds of rats with it. It was a little too hot for shooting starlings in the rafters. So I screwed in the transfer port adjuster to the max. It’s now averaging 605 fps, 11 fpe. In its semi carbine form it handles sweetly in CQB with murderous pests. Though I have to say the single loading has cost me some rats. I have made kills out to 30 yards with it. A very versatile pesting PCP for me. Presently running a Millet DMS 1-4x with a green light and a DonnyFl Tanto in front.

CA5A2F69-7416-463F-917B-532DF8163F7B.1606056964.jpeg

Nice! PP700 are phenomenally good for the money! I completely agree that it’s a poor man’s leshiy also, I like it so much I got 2. With the right scope it’s pellet on pellet at 20 yards all day. If you take off the handle you can reduce the hammer spring just a little which will reduce speed/power and it’s extremely adjustable. The trigger is tied to the hammer spring so when you lighten the HS you also lighten the trigger a little which might help with accuracy. 

I would suggest you try 177 pellets at around 650FPS which is around 7 FPE. Less collateral damage and still devastatingly effective on birds and rats. Here is the other cool thing about the PP700, to change the caliber you literally only need to change the barrel....that’s it! Airgunarcheryfun.Ca has OEM barrels for less than 20 dollars!!!

Great post! I've been eyeballing the PP700 and the pp750 for a while and am a bit torn between the two....

I've read the 700 is capable of more power, which like you mentioned above, isnt always necessary, but the 750 has magazine / repeater capabilities... I do like the folding stock you are using and definitely prefer that over the collapsible wire rods on the 750 (wouldnt be surprised if those folding stocks can be placed on the 750).

Do you have exxperience with the 750? If so, any opinion on one model vs the other?

Very versatile indeed! Very few platforms can adjust the power so easily. And the barrels ain’t bad either. I just bought a pp700 cleaned the barrel and it’s shooting 1/4” groups at 25 yards. Incredible value for the money.

@blackpaw They are completely different platforms. Different valves, hammers, barrel housing, etc. That being said they both are amazing pistols. I would say the build quality is a little better on the PP700. Only because they used a cheap paint on the pp750 that easily chips away. And they’re both easily adjustable. Only thing the pp750 lacks the transfer port adjuster, not a big deal. 

@simko The pp700 can make more power but the pp750 is no slouch. With some easy mods it can reach 20+ ft lbs. You’ll be happy with either one you choose. Accuracy is excellent in both