• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 pellets for 100 meter rings scoring?

Recommended speed is all over the place with the MRDs. As an example, supposedly, the polygonal rifling of the Red Wolf HP does best with the MRDs @ 960ish.

One of the most impressive performances I've seen in a long time was at a night match for long range high power field target back in October. The wind was intense. @Aimright used his Red Wolf to be the high over-all score, outshooting Thaynes Simmons, and Thayne was using slugs! If memory serves, aimright was shooting the MRDs up around 1020fps.

I've got a new barrel being delivered tomorrow, slow twist polygonal from LW. Interested to see how it compares to the 12 land and groove.

The .22 MRDs are an enigma.
I am shooting the MRDs at 970 in my Redwolf. From all the flier stories I think may just have lucked out and acquired an unusually consistent batch of the JSB MRDs. I am running very low on those and will soon have to dip into my stash of FX MRDs so will soon see if my JSBs were truly a unicorn batch.

Previous to the RW I had a .22 Prophet with the 1:32 twist barrel that I was shooting the same batch of unicorn JSB MRDs at around 1000. I never could get comfortable with that gun plus it had an unresolved mechanical issue with the breech so accuracy suffered and I can’t even say for sure if it had fliers.

I am looking forward to hear how the new “redesigned redesigns” work out.

Reactions: Franklink
I am shooting the MRDs at 970 in my Redwolf. From all the flier stories I think may just have lucked out and acquired an unusually consistent batch of the JSB MRDs. I am running very low on those and will soon have to dip into my stash of FX MRDs so will soon see if my JSBs were truly a unicorn batch.

Previous to the RW I had a .22 Prophet with the 1:32 twist barrel that I was shooting the same batch of unicorn JSB MRDs at around 1000. I never could get comfortable with that gun plus it had an unresolved mechanical issue with the breech so accuracy suffered and I can’t even say for sure if it had fliers.

I am looking forward to hear how the new “redesigned redesigns” work out.

Sounds like I was confused.

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes another polygonal .22 that likes the MRD in the 960ish range (970).