.22 pellets for 100 meter rings scoring?

I have my list of .22 pellets for 50 meter target rings, some of them have a potential @70 as well in a good day.
I am looking for a pellet that can do a 100 meter target ring. If any?
The 25gn MRDs lost my confidence. What else?

Side note.... I never had JTS in my hands before and just seeing one of my local dealers got some in 18gn and 21.5gn only. I can eventually tell him to get me some heavier as well if these worth to consider....

Tried some of the JTS 21.?? A few months ago and wasn't very impressed.

BUT this evening I tried some of the JTS 25.4s from a gun that has STRUGGED with the poor batches of JSB 25.4s and I was pleasantly surprised. They shot quite well in some pretty tricky wind conditions. This was @ 100 yards.

I just ordered another couple tins. Wanting to make sure they're good before I stock up. Learned my lesson there.

Reactions: bigHUN
Yes you can download Strelok to any android phone or tablet. I have a Samsung Tablet-A and updating like every week through Huawei app store (installed on Samsung).
If you have one of those fruit phones ... cmon man that is for kids ... even that is possible to install /update with a what is that thingy called?
google is your best friend, hundreds of people installing and updating, the tricks are all out there. Also Strelok have a Facebook group.
I just told Igor couple days ago to add these JTS pellets BC to amo base, probably will be included in next updates or so.

Had a chance to finish out that first tin of the JTS 25.4 yesterday, all @ 100yards, and Im less excited about them now.

Pretty similar to JSB 25.4, a majority will track into the 9ring of an EBR score card with a correct wind read, but occasionally there will be an unexplained flyer, just like with MRDs.

Some of the JTS do fit a bit tighter, either harder lead or larger OD or maybe both would be my guess. But then there will be a looser fitting one here and there too. Couldn't correlate loose or tight to flyer or behaved pellet though.

Conclusion, buy sparingly until you see how they do in you gun.

Reactions: Solo1
Had a chance to finish out that first tin of the JTS 25.4 yesterday, all @ 100yards, and Im less excited about them now.

Pretty similar to JSB 25.4, a majority will track into the 9ring of an EBR score card with a correct wind read, but occasionally there will be an unexplained flyer, just like with MRDs.

Some of the JTS do fit a bit tighter, either harder lead or larger OD or maybe both would be my guess. But then there will be a looser fitting one here and there too. Couldn't correlate loose or tight to flyer or behaved pellet though.

Conclusion, buy sparingly until you see how they do in you gun.
My experience was close to the same but every group i shot with mrds was usually better. Funny though i had 1 group and only 1 that was great. 9/16” @ 100with the jts. Useally they were 1/2”-3/4” bigger or more than mrds

This what holded me back from buying pellet molds in the past ... whoever makes those fancy molds those are still a copy or a clone of existing off the shelf pellets in one or the other way around... placebo wont let you admit if a custom mold is any better or worse.
If the MRD design was wrong - I am focusing on 100 meter rings again - you can copy it but the mold will fabricate wrong again...
I just want to say it simple, the MRD's are not for 100.

This what holded me back from buying pellet molds in the past ... whoever makes those fancy molds those are still a copy or a clone of existing off the shelf pellets in one or the other way around... placebo wont let you admit if a custom mold is any better or worse.
If the MRD design was wrong - I am focusing on 100 meter rings again - you can copy it but the mold will fabricate wrong again...
I just want to say it simple, the MRD's are not for 100.

I shot most of yesterday, almost to 100 yards. Various barrels and guns and projectiles. The best .22 was after I slowed down some MRDs to 880. @890-900 they were frustrating, but at 880 I could keep most of them in the 9ring of an EBR target. This is standard twist 1:17.7 LW with no choke.

I shot most of yesterday, almost to 100 yards. Various barrels and guns and projectiles. The best .22 was after I slowed down some MRDs to 880. @890-900 they were frustrating, but at 880 I could keep most of them in the 9ring of an EBR target. This is standard twist 1:17.7 LW with no choke.
1:17.7 I have in .22x500 AP on my Leshiy2. I think that TR is "fast.
Last summer I tried also with .22x600 liner 1:24 , any speeds in between 920-970.
Must be something with high RPM that MRD's doesn't like. Maybe those flyers we see are more like corkscrewing, some?
I

1:17.7 I have in .22x500 AP on my Leshiy2. I think that TR is "fast.
Last summer I tried also with .22x600 liner 1:24 , any speeds in between 920-970.
Must be something with high RPM that MRD's doesn't like. Maybe those flyers we see are more like corkscrewing, some?
I

Recommended speed is all over the place with the MRDs. As an example, supposedly, the polygonal rifling of the Red Wolf HP does best with the MRDs @ 960ish.

One of the most impressive performances I've seen in a long time was at a night match for long range high power field target back in October. The wind was intense. @Aimright used his Red Wolf to be the high over-all score, outshooting Thaynes Simmons, and Thayne was using slugs! If memory serves, aimright was shooting the MRDs up around 1020fps.

I've got a new barrel being delivered tomorrow, slow twist polygonal from LW. Interested to see how it compares to the 12 land and groove.

The .22 MRDs are an enigma.

Reactions: Solo1