• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 or .25

never a silly question , if you are mostly plinking - 22 is way cheaper. if hunting / pesting squirrel / pigeon and smaller . 22 will do nicely. if going raccoon , longer distances where extra power comes in handy, 25 has it's advantages. FX has respectable power. however , digger25 is correct. edgun, AGT uragan / vulcan , taipan vet will bring the power amongst several others. an economical powerhouse is hatsan. but then there are other considerations. to answer you best. what is intended use? how far? and your comfortable budget? then many here can assist you well.

FX recently announced that they coming out soon ? with a new shroud for the compacts that will be compatible with the power plenum and will be available as a part directly from FX USA.

FX-USA

Manufacturer

Dreamline Power Plenum in the US retails for $30.

Current shroud on the Dreamline Compacts will not work with a DL Power Plenum, but an updated shroud is in production (and available soon as a part from FXUSA for those wanting to update)

All but the early first Dreamline 500mm barrels will allow a moderator to be added even with the DL Power Plenum installed. Some of the first Dreamline 500mm had a larger air cylinder, but a majority have the space. The Dreamline Power Plenum adds just over 1" of length.

Hope this helps clarify!

– Jonathan

I've sure enjoyed my .25 Impact MKII. I made the choice based on the idea that the .25 has a bit more punch at distance, and since I am in the West USA I shoot at distance most of the time. If I lived back East where I grew up in the woods I might consider a .22 more, since nearly all shots are closer. The cost difference I haven't found to be a big consideration. 

I'm struggling with the same dilemma, Adding to the question about .22 or .25, and taking money and shot count off the table. Mostly shooting birds, what if your shots are 20-100 yards but on average in the 50-80 yard range with some shots going 100 yards, would one find yourself wishing for the .25 if you purchased a .22?

That describes the type of pesting I do and I’ve been served well out to 100 yards on pigeons using JSB 18s out of my .22 PCP. The 100 yard shots are outliers, as most of my pesting is 70 yards and in.