.22 NINE pellet test using Air Arms S410

Today dawned sunny and 1 degree in west central Indiana, accompanied by significant wind, so my airgun time was relegated to the indoor range.

I have written about my old Air Arms S410 before, my oldest pcp in my collection, tuned by master airgun “artist” Scott Schneider at Motorhead Airgun Tuning Services (and an all around terrific guy) now several years ago. Scott installed a HUMA regulator on it. This rifle is my granddaughter’s favorite. In .22, we have been shooting the Hades 15.89 Gr pellets in it. This rifle has been SUPER dependable and virtually maintenance free, and always acutely accurate.

As today’s airgun learning/validation exercise, I decided to pull it out of the vault and test two ten shot groups of nine different pellets from the 18 yard indoor range. The results can be observed below.

Equipped with an Athlon Argos 8-32 FFP scope and a Donny FL Sumo moderator, it really wasn’t very pellet particular.

_22 pellet tests.01.20.24.jpeg
IMG_0130.jpeg
IMG_0128.jpeg
IMG_0127.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
Thank you for this write up. I believe the 400/500 series might be the exact same platform, except for single/multishot functionality. I own the 400/410/500/510, but for some reason the 400 and 510 get all the action. Maybe they are closest to get to during a time of need.
Initially I was shooting Barracudas out of the guns, then graduated to slugs. There was nothing wrong with the pellets. Squirrels hated them too.
Have not tried the slugs out of 410 or 500 yet, but the .217 23gr. NSA is dynamite on squirrels in both my 400 and 510.

50 yard shots with the AA 400/23gr. .217 combo is quite easy with 1mil holdover.

Reactions: bdzjlz