.22 Monster Redesigned, Redesigned again

I've been shooting my 1-2 year old stock of Monster Redesigned. Shoot wonderfully, even out to 100 yards. Only have one tin left...

Started shooting some of the ones I got this year. Shoot like CRAP! Like 2-3 times the size groups at 100. Crazy fliers like three inches from POA at 50 yards. Got one off by 8" at 100! Old ones still shoot well, so it's the pellets not the gun.

Comparing old vs. new. The new have deeper skits. And many are damaged. Those of course shoot the worst. Got 4000 of them!

Not sure what to do now. Not worth shooting at 50 yard bench rest with...

And people wonder why more and more people are shooting slugs as an alternative. 

You order the exact same type(brand, name, model, etc...)of pellets that shot great from the order you received(last month, last year, etc...) before, only to now receive pellets(in the EXACT same packaging, brand, name, model, etc...) that don't shoot anywhere close to as accurately(and obviously look very different). 

Sad

This is normal for JSB!, I first noticed this with the .177 13.4’s will get several tins from one die or lot? And will shoot great in my barrel, buy more and shoot terrible.

I have learned to not buy large quantities until tested if shoot will buy more, but have been burned by this as well, buy from same retailer only to have them shoot terrible with different dimensions from first tested lot?

I tested this several yrs. Ago in my 25m gun and came to the conclusion that it’s mainly inner skirt well depths? (For pin probe in my RAW’s and RW’s anyway) The 25.4’s are even worse in this regard so the accuracy deficiencies are more pronounced.

H&N are much more consistent from lot to lot (if your gun will shoot them?)

I even made my own adjustable pellet seater but had limited success.

This reminds me of how Crossman's QC went down hill bad many years ago. I stopped buying the 10.5's when I opened a new box and there were CPH, CPL, and of all the darn things some 22 caliber pellets in that box.

I think it's time for a new Co to start making more consistent pellets since JSB seems to be getting worse with every shipment.

Steve, totally agree. A once fairly good Quality Control program at JSB had lowered considerably and appears to be in free fall now... I would advise if you can find H&N that work in your gun to start the shift from JSB to H&N.

Hopefully H&N can design and produce a .25 Heavy pellet to compete with the JSB King Heavy. NOT the Mk2. The original King Heavy 33.95 grain pellet that shoots best in .25 polygonal barrels. 6.68mm skirt and deeper cavity. If it was as accurate as the JSB King Heavy (which is no longer produced) it would sell like hotcakes...

I contacted JSB...

They said the only recent change to the design was to actually make the skirts thicker. So I can't explain how the recently acquired pellets have what I would call thinner skirts.

Bottom row are the 'good' ones.

20210721_1754581.1626987313.jpg