• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

22 Marauder "again"

I notice Archer air guns has 22 cal in the refurb for $375. So I call to ask about the barrels that are troublesome for great accuracy. I was told they just got these from Crossman and if any of these guns had an accuracy problem it would have been corrected. Hmm And I was told I have 30 day in which I can return it to Crossman. So I bought one. What are my chances of getting some accuracy from this one I wonder, instead of just another return?. It if it not as good as I hoped I guess I'll just break down and buy a MM barrel. Just sharing my thoughts and wondering what y'all think. TNX...Brian Smith <><

I think your chances are just fine. Mine is a Gen 1 in .22 with no modifications and it seems excellent. I haven't stretched it out yet since finding my tune, but it shoots JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr. very well (10 shots under a dime at 25yards) and H&N Hunter 18.21 almost as well (10 shots under a nickle at 25 yards). These are both at about 820-ish fps. Crosman Premier 14.3gr. are a distant 3rd, at about 3/4" for 10 at 25yards. I hope to get out on the 50 yard range soon to see if things hold together.

My Marauder shoots the JSB 18.13grn in the 5.52 head diameter best. 
But I get good results with H&N 21grn, H&N Hunter Extreme, and H&N Sniper Magnum. 
The JSB Monster, the H&N Rabbit Magnum II, not so much.
I recently got the WAR SSG. Took some time to get the sweet spot, but once I found it, I am happy. 
Thinking now that I have the SSG dialed in, I might have to go back and re-test pellets to see if I get different results.