.22 LR Prophet...an itch I don't want to scratch

I owned a Prophet LR .22 for a short period. It was a solid shooter. It was Extremely accurate with 25gr Redesign, I shot it very well out to 100yds. It was solid, no ping. Cycling was very smooth. Definitely needs a LDC. Trigger was great 4-6 oz. crisp. Magazine is easy to load. The reason I sold it was, it was a bench gun. I am a hunter, and walk through the woods. Plus I purchased a Huben L.E. at the same time and couldn't afford both. 

It’s embarrassing to consider how many PCPs Ive gone through and I still have my LR and Compact both in 22. They are just so robust, accurate, excellent triggers and so darn easy to tune. I like the breach seal O ring design mounted on the probe. If you’ve ever replaced an O-ring inside a barrel you know what I mean. My compact is my most used rifle for pesting, hunting and even bench rest. Its so maneuverable in the wood, inside barns, inside a blind or on a bench. I did MikeVV’s mod by installing Daystate baffles inside the shroud which maintains the extremely short OAL without a long LDC hanging off the end.

The LR sees less bench time and for that reason only I’ve considered selling it a few times. I bought it first before the compact and when I was looking for one a fellow forum member gave me some good advice. He said you rarely see a Prophet for sale and that alone speaks volumes. It’s too heavy and long to carry hunting, at least for me. It’s stupid accurate with MRDs but is hold sensitive, probably more so than other rifles Ive owned. It likes a FIRM hold and if I do my part it’s hole in hole. If I had to pick my favorite of the two it’s the compact. The only other rifle that can compare, that I’ve owned, is a M3 compact but I am not sure I need all the knobs of my M3 when the Prophet does the same thing in a much simpler design.

Ill be anxious to read your review of your rifle.

Yeah I hunt/pest with my guns 95% of the time. While I'm very intrigued by the .22 LR barrel shooting pellets fast with that slow twist, I don't like the fact of it being long and needing an LDC. I think the compact will suit my needs very well. I was also going to tune it to 34ish fpe. So didn't need the power. I think I made the right choice. Already have baffles on the way and a few little other things.