• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 LR Prophet...an itch I don't want to scratch

Ive tried many guns since being in airguns. Tried basically anything I've ever wanted to try. However one airgun that I've never gotten to even though I've been interested in for a long time are the RTI line. The RTI Prophet .22 LR is something I've been very interested in. People seem to love them. I like the thought of the slow twist polygonal barrel. I'm not needing a 50fpe gun though. I'd mainly shoot 16gr pellets in the 900-950fps range but I know slow twist barrels do very well long range as to not over spin the pellets. Not sure how these barrels like the lighter JSBs though. One could tune it to low pressure as they make good power which makes them very docile to shoot. Seem to be very rugged simple guns also. 

Don't think I like the thought of only left side cocking, not lack of a rubber butt pad and cheek piece. Also needs an added moderator adding cost and length.

Tell me this is an itch I don't need to scratch!!

I have a .22 Uragan that really is about all the airgun I could ever need. And shoots incredibly well. And very very comfortable. I'm limiting myself to one high end PCP. So I'd need to either sell or trade for the Prophet.

Tell me id waste my time trying out the Prophet and I'd be happier with the Uragan over the Prophet. 

Just in case you haven't seen yet 
Screenshot_20220321-202924.1647919935.jpg

Reactions: JakeRico
I purchased a prophet in .22 about 3 weeks ago. shoots the FX 18 grainers very well at 910 fps, not too loud but stills needs a moderator for extra quietness (I have a Tanto on Mine), gets a stupid amount of shots. I haven't been able to test slower speeds on these pellets but did test the Hades at 30 yards and 945ish FPS and those also shot very well. 

I’ve had both. Given they were both in .30 and not .22. Given the need you have, the Uragan will do you better. The prophet definitely has more power potential, and is substantially lighter, but the Uragan is just damn comfortable. The swappable cocking lever and cz barrel are also pluses in my book. The magazine fitting INSIDE the action instead of on top and in your face is also nice. I can go on, but I truly think if you maintain pellet shooting, and not with high power, the Uragan is your gun. I smack my head for letting mine go every day! 
im looking to get another in .25 to replace a wildcat hopefully. 

I didn't buy a Prophet Performance at first because of the reasons you mentioned. I bought one that has an after market butt plate and got used to the cocking lever. 

I've shot everything from 18 grain to 26 grain pellets in it. It is a laser with whatever I shoot and tune for.

Yesterday a neighbor called and said he had a bunch of tree rats in his yard. I shot the first four in less than five minutes at between 50 and 60 yards, all but one were head shots. My neighbor couldn't believe how quiet the rifle was.

Buy once, cry once.

You won't regret the purchase. 

I have the Prophet Performance with .22 LR barrel (32:1 twist rate). You better make up your mind fast, as the Prophet II will NOT have this barrel! Watch Grigor’s video, the Prophet II will have a new barrel that is designed to shoot slugs as well as pellets. The original Prophet Performance.22 LR barrel is destined to become a classic for pellet shooters.