• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 JSB RD Monsters - the best pellet available for 100Y BR?

The Daystate Red Wolf HP barrel length is 600mm (23 inches) and is an LW Polygonal barrel, which has been around long before the FX STX barrels. The two do appear to react to various pellets in a similar manner and perhaps the STX is functionally similar to the LW Poly barrel. I’ve heard the twist rate is 1:17.7 inch. But not certain on that one.

By “how does it compare?”, what exactly do you mean? I can’t speak for .25 and .30, but the .22 caliber A.R.T. barrel is the most accurate barrel I’ve ever shot with JSB RD Monster pellets.

And the 2.0 GCU (Safari Power) is capable of huge power right off the showroom floor without all kinds of tweaking, machining, modifying pellet probes, transfer port size/shape mods, “harmonic” tuning, regulator replacement, etc., etc. Just fill it up 250 bar, select from one of three power levels, shoot - and win. ;)

I am seeing that the 22 Monster ReDesigns seem to be much more sensitive to velocity changes - that is if the velocity changes by 5fps, the POI will change. That could explain the flyers with different weights/head sizes.

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of that, and no disrespect intended, but that would defy the laws of physics if it changed more or less than any other pellet at the same speeds...

I believe that what I was seeing was a problem with either the gun or the pellet shooting off-speeds, with that problem resulting in an accuracy issue. The speed was just a telltale sign that I attributed incorrectly. So, no physics laws harmed in the name of pseudo-science.