.22 JSB 13.43 and 14.3’s

light shoots fast and flat .. everybodys out trying to live up to the jonses because its the in thing with swugs and everything else .. why lol .. you shooting something that needs that miniscule edge at a long distance, doubt it .. probably paper shooting 30$ tins of wonder pellets lol .. 6$ 14.3 crosmans will get the job done without all that fuss .. if your actually hunting maybe i'll gice you a pass on your vunder pellets .. youll need about exactly 1 tin of them for a couple of years of hunting lol ..

They both can shoot really well around the 20fpe mark (assuming a good barrel). 

I shot the 13.43s out of a Benjamin Discovery for my first PCP experience. It was around 790fps but only good for 25 shots per fill. Ran through 8 or 10 tins with that gun.

I'm remembering about 810fps for the 13.43s when I had the Veteran Short set up for them and about 790 for the 14.3s from a Red Wolf Standard. The tubed Vet would get 90 or so shots and the bottled Red Wolf was up around 330 shots per fill.

From all 3 of those set ups, those pellets were consistently prairie dog accurate out to 75 yards, with the occasional lucky hail mary on out to 125 yards. The Vet and Red Wolf with those respective pellet weights were capable of field target match winning accuracy (10-55 yards).

If your M3 can be turned down and produce consistency in the fps department you'll get lots and lots of shots. It is very cool to only need to fill up every 300+ shots. It's almost like forgetting you're shooting a PCP.

Just because your gun is capable of high power doesn't mean you always have to use it. Diabolo pellets shoot best in a certain velocity range, which can vary with each individual gun. Lighter pellets require less energy to put them in the sweet spot and you get a higher shot count.

The JSB 14.3's turned out to be the best pellet around 875 fps in my original Leshiy with .22 cal 350mm barrel. They were also the best pellet for my FX Independence which is set up to launch them around 805 FPS on the medium power setting.

So as already mentioned above, you could set up your rifle for a medium power tune with a lighter pellet such as the 14.3's, and experiment to find the most accurate velocity / sweet spot for them.

This pellet has proven to be quite adequate and satisfying for my general plinking, punching paper, and pesting.

Good luck and have fun with your setup. You may even enjoy your M3 even more after discovering its flexible adjustments. Keep a notebook for all of the settings so that you can return to them at any time if you should later create another setup for a different pellet or preferred use.

So I tried shooting some Crosman Piranhas (14.3s) at everything from 740 to 940 and nothing seemed to group at all and the FPS was jumping in 30 fps swings. No matter what I tried I couldn’t get a pattern or a consistent Fps. It was a bit windy but I was only shooting 25 yards and I couldn’t get any kind of a grouping. I was really thinking they would group well, they are harder and appear to have next to no deformities.

I’m going to try some regular Crosman 14.3s, Maybe the wind was catching the hollow points on the Piranahas and throwing them off? But that doesn’t explain the fps swings. Hmm?

Decided to shoot some JSB 14.3s, left the current setting on my M3 the same as the last group of Crosman I shoot and …. The JSBs were grouping. Tweaked my settings a bit and I shot 10 rounds with an average speed of 887 with an extreme spread of 2 and a std dev of 1. My M3 impact compact .22 settings were , 1reg. 121, 2nd Reg. 71, macro wheel at16 and micro wheel at 1.5 and the valve knob was at 4.

All ten pellets were within an inch…which isn’t great at 25 yards but like I said it was windy so…

I would have thought that there would have been someone who started a database of all the Impact calibers and pellets and barrels but I can’t seem to find one. Lots of people with 700mm barrels and they settigs but next to nothing for compacts.

light shoots fast and flat .. everybodys out trying to live up to the jonses because its the in thing with swugs and everything else .. why lol .. you shooting something that needs that miniscule edge at a long distance, doubt it .. probably paper shooting 30$ tins of wonder pellets lol .. 6$ 14.3 crosmans will get the job done without all that fuss .. if your actually hunting maybe i'll gice you a pass on your vunder pellets .. youll need about exactly 1 tin of them for a couple of years of hunting lol ..

Flat shooting? 14.4gr, 15.9gr, 18.13gr…pretty much the same bc.

heavier longer pellets will usually shoot flatter. The .22 redesigned is considerably better