.22 hades 15.89 photos...????

Not .22, but gives an idea of performance

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_

.22 hades results vs crow mag pellets

I’ve seen some impressive examples of Hades expansion from synthetic tests, but as far as those recovered from actual game/pests, I was disappointed. See here for prior discussion and example pictures:

I don't have any photos but I will relay my experience. I was very nearly ready to sell my .22 daystate huntsman regal because I was getting into the space race an felt like I needed more power. That's when the hades came out. That gun loves loves the hades. My shooting with that gun mostly 20 to 42 yds on timber tigers , squirrels and starlings. The difference was so dramatic I'm still shooting that beautiful little huntsman every weekend. The difference in the sound of pellet on game is astounding. Most times the Crack or pop from the hades 42yda away is louder than the gun. Just my 2 cents. Btw 920fps

I don't have any photos but I will relay my experience. I was very nearly ready to sell my .22 daystate huntsman regal because I was getting into the space race an felt like I needed more power. That's when the hades came out. That gun loves loves the hades. My shooting with that gun mostly 20 to 42 yds on timber tigers , squirrels and starlings. The difference was so dramatic I'm still shooting that beautiful little huntsman every weekend. The difference in the sound of pellet on game is astounding. Most times the Crack or pop from the hades 42yda away is louder than the gun. Just my 2 cents. Btw 920fps
I appreciate the .02 man, truly.
I hear mixed reviews everywhere about them

They sure POP a lot louder than a domed pellet when striking pests, maybe I am just immagining better terminal performance than what they actually deliver....
I never have dug one out to examine it, so I have no firsthand evidence but my brain likes to think they are delivering the heat.
They are accurate and I have a pile of them, so back to fantasy land I go...Lol

I posted earlier about being underwhelmed by the Hades expansion on actual game/pests. I will however acknowledge that being a semi-wadcutter geometry does deal out greater damage than a dome. For me they work similar to the H&N Baracuda Hunter Extremes (BHE) with the blunt Philips head impression. They hold onto their accuracy at distances greater than a wadcutter but not as far as a good domed pellet. Likewise, their capacity to cause tissue damage lies somewhere in between.

So for example I will often use wadcutters out to 30 yards, Hades or BHE from 30-50 yards, and domes for 50-80 yards.

id say any projectile at all that has 100fps or so more velocity than a fancy pellet will out perform it .. its nothing but candy to get that wallet open ..
You hate your income don't you? Faster isn't better all the time, a clean quick pass through is likely to do less than a slower larger diameter round that penetrates. Thats simple.

Reactions: Smitty911
They sure POP a lot louder than a domed pellet when striking pests, maybe I am just imagining better terminal performance than what they actually deliver....

Yupp, the sound we hear might assist us in believing the performance illusion we so urgently desire..... 😉

I will often use
▪ wadcutters out to 30 yards,
▪ Hades or BHE from 30-50 yards, and
▪ domes for 50-80 yards.

➔ That sounds like a real good plan to maximize kill performance..... 👍🏼
Your distinction between the different shapes and their damage potential in tissue make this very reasonable.👍🏼

Matthias 😊

There have been quite a few terminal performance tests with the Hades in .22cal —
however, many testers have used water as ballistic medium — which is perfect for expansion — and actual game is far from perfect — so the "test" results are extremely optimistic — not to say unrealistic.....

Below are some of the tests. Note that expansion increases as the hardness of the ballistic material increases unrealistically — and/or the impact velocity (in some tests they are unrealistically high).

If you have any test results, I'd love to get the specs to include your results in the expansion test collection:
▪ Pellets:
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/...-much-they-expand-and-how-far-they-penetrate/

▪ Slugs:
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/...xpand-and-how-far-they-penetrate/#post-749008

Matthias 😊

Projectile Tests. PT012.  Leatherman (2020). -Ground Hog, Live.- 21FPE. Hades @775fps. 01.jpg

Projectile Tests. PT015.  Donnie Reed (Baker Airguns) (2019). -Chicken, Torso Side Shot, Hard ...jpg

Projectile Tests. PT102.  nervoustrigger (2020). -Squirrel.- 21,15FPE. Hades @762fps + Daisy H...jpg

Projectile Tests. PT064.  First State Airgun (2020). -Ballistic Gelatin DIY, Thin + Clay.- 14-...jpg

Projectile Tests. PT080.  HardAir Magazine (2018-2020). -Soap (Hard).- 15-17FPE. J Dm @662fps,...jpg

Projectile Tests. PT004.  Hajimoto (2019). -20 Percent ClearBallistics.com Gel-. Skenco UltraS...jpg

Projectile Tests. PT016.  Giles Barry (AirgunGearShow) (2019). -Hard Soap Bars.- 12,27FPE. Had...jpg

Projectile Tests. PT017.  ReplicaReviews (2019). -Hard Soap Bars.- 19-20FPE. Hades @731fps  + ...jpg

Projectile Tests. PT018.  GunPowder&AirPower (2019). -Ballistic Gel 20percent – c. 5cm Thick.-...jpg

There have been quite a few terminal performance tests with the Hades in .22cal —
however, many testers have used water as ballistic medium — which is perfect for expansion — and actual game is far from perfect — so the "test" results are extremely optimistic — not to say unrealistic.....

Below are some of the tests. Note that expansion increases as the hardness of the ballistic material increases unrealistically — and/or the impact velocity (in some tests they are unrealistically high).

If you have any test results, I'd love to get the specs to include your results in the expansion test collection:
▪ Pellets:
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/🔴hollow-point-pellets-testing-how-much-they-expand-and-how-far-they-penetrate/

▪ Slugs:
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/🔴-slugs-testing-how-much-they-expand-and-how-far-they-penetrate/#post-749008

Matthias 😊

View attachment 284971

View attachment 284972

View attachment 284975

View attachment 284973

View attachment 284974

View attachment 284979

View attachment 284988

View attachment 284992

View attachment 284993

Thanks for the detailed and informative response! I would have to say if they fly as straight as their "solid" 15.89 counterparts then even the +29% expansion is worth shooting them at game over the solid.