.22 hades 15.89 photos...????

I'm a fan of the hades if you can shoot them at higher speeds to take advantage of the potential expansion. I've had good results with them in both 22 and 25 caliber. I've been able to keep them in the 950fps range and they have been more effective than the standard dome pellet on pests. Plus they grouped fantastic, farthest I shoot them is 50 yards.

My Benjamin Cayden HATES them though, have tried different speeds etc and nothing helped.

I use hades in my .22 taipan veteran great results at 900 fps. I shoot mostly house sparrow and starlings out to 60 yards. Not much bird left after they get hit with a hades. Here is an example of a 45 yard hit on a house sparrow sitting on my garden fence
20220801_192822.jpg

20220801_192757.jpg

Messy!

Last edited:
@Chuck-in-Ohio thanks for that, the hardy wood rats im shooting are handling .22 18.13 pretty well, they are dying but they are running off more than I'd prefer,
Rats handling JSB Exact Jumbo 18s “well”? Rats don’t “run off” from a well place pellet. I’ve shot many, many big rats DRT, the ones that ran off? I did not hit as I should’ve or I missed.

Rats handling JSB Exact Jumbo 18s “well”? Rats don’t “run off” from a well place pellet. I’ve shot many, many big rats DRT, the ones that ran off? I did not hit as I should’ve or I missed.
I've yet to accomplish 100% head shots.

These do run off and die with 25 fpe , they are not being blown through either.

These rats have about a 10 inch body on em 8 out of 10 times and i am a good shot... i had one last weekend i shot right in the chest, he crawled about a foot laid there still breathing, with a 18 jsb to the chest, took a second to kill it . Only thing @Cowdilly01 and I have found to be 100% effective at instant dead is 13.43 zan slugs

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
I could, but won’t post up pictures of huge rats I’ve killed DRT with the JSB Exact Jumbos. DRT shots don’t have to necessarily be headshots. I don’t believe anyone achieves 100% headshots. But I agree, sometimes it’s just prudent to send another pellet at a hardy rat.

I dont doubt you have a good success rate with that. Come show me with these rats lol I'm not trying to be rude but very little are drt , basically just the ones hit in the head or with the slugs.

Hades are not that much more than regular domes so as long as they are just as accurate than I would be using those if for the very least reason a confidence booster and the most, better results.

That being said body shots are always iffy and head are too because easier to miss but head shots is what I would recommend to solve your not run off problem

What helps with head shots is more magnification aka a bigger target

Curious what magnification do you currently use now?

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Hades are not that much more than regular domes so as long as they are just as accurate than I would be using those if for the very least reason a confidence booster and the most, better results.

That being said body shots are always iffy and head are too because easier to miss but head shots is what I would recommend to solve your not run off problem

What helps with head shots is more magnification aka a bigger target

Curious what magnification do you currently use now?

Currently using a 2-16 sightmark wraith NV scope so I typically keep it at 8 or 10 as it gets very fuzzy anymore than that.

Reactions: 1shooter
Nice. That is what I was kinda thinking as digital zooms often give you way more than what is truly usable or likable…is that a word? haha

I believe I end up using around 14x ish at 25-35 yards and like that
(Discovery 3-12 and 4-16 at 8-10x plus 4x from pard007)

Pard being an addon makes crosshairs bigger so maybe that helps too

Went to pard007 as I did not like the illuminated recitles or having a dedicated nv type scope.

Let us know how the Hades or FX Atomics work out

Nice. That is what I was kinda thinking as digital zooms often give you way more than what is truly usable or likable…is that a word? haha

I believe I end up using around 14x ish at 25-35 yards and like that
(Discovery 3-12 and 4-16 at 8-10x plus 4x from pard007)

Pard being an addon makes crosshairs bigger so maybe that helps too

Went to pard007 as I did not like the illuminated recitles or having a dedicated nv type scope.

Let us know how the Hades or FX Atomics work out
Your pard007 at 4x power is multiplying your current scope magnification by 4. So if your scope is on 8x, you actually have an effective magnification of 32x!