.22 Gauntlet with Carbon Fiber Bottle

Hajimoto

So if one took a little effort to locate the proper spot they should be able to drill and tap for the extra 2 (M5X4) screws with no disassembly.

Not the best most professional, but doable?

Louis

Anything is possible providing depth of bore and angle of tap engagement are held. I personally would not recommend it due to the bur that will be on the inside of the pressure tube and will reach into the valve body making service of the valve a pretty gritty and scaring affair. But doable, certainly.

IF the one screw failed, would things move enough to allow catastrophic release of air, or just the one shots worth.

Still might be right in the shooters face.

At worst the entire bottle could vent through the regulator out the sheared screw hole at the bottom of the tube but nowhere near the shooters face. The air would be so diffused that any sort if injury would be highly unlikely. The gun may not lose any air or leak out slowly.

My son told me that this gun stopped shooting for some reason so I brought it back to the shop. Turns out someone bent the shroud enough that the next pellet fired shattered the air stripper that I 3D printed along with all the baffles. I put the bent shroud in my lathe but couldn't get it straight enough so I ordered a short shroud and aluminum air stripper from DonnyFL. Since I didn't have room for baffles anymore I made a M20x1 to 1/2" UNF adapter on the lathe to mount an FX OEM can on it. It's tuned to shoot 16gn pellets at 850 fps so it didn't need much to make it quiet. After testing I took out the center section of the FX can and made it stubby... works well enough to be back yard friendly at my son's house and now it has a unique look so I thought I'd share.

FX Gauntlet 1 -.1618530277.jpg
FX Gauntlet 2 -.1618530278.jpg
FX Gauntlet 3 -.1618530278.jpg

Would also love to get this carbon bottle. UG is a great gun esp for price and features and making it lighter just adds to it. I really think u should get ur reg psi down to 1375-1400 for shear fact of ur probably not as accurate as u have too much speed which makes Diablo pellets unstable. Goal is around 900 fps..unless ur shooting REALLY heavy pellets. Plus wear tear on gun. I was also concerned that reg would handle ur filling that high pressure with 4500 carbon bottle but it looks like it's doing ok. Gonna try to get one!

Would also love to get this carbon bottle. UG is a great gun esp for price and features and making it lighter just adds to it. I really think u should get ur reg psi down to 1375-1400 for shear fact of ur probably not as accurate as u have too much speed which makes Diablo pellets unstable. Goal is around 900 fps..unless ur shooting REALLY heavy pellets. Plus wear tear on gun. I was also concerned that reg would handle ur filling that high pressure with 4500 carbon bottle but it looks like it's doing ok. Gonna try to get one!

As mentioned 4 posts earlier the gun is currently tuned to shoot 16gn pellets at 850fps with the same reg pressure and has killed a couple hundred pounds of squirrels by now. It has never been tuned to shoot over 900fps even though it can be with an allen wrench within seconds. A short high pressure pulse of air is better than a long low pressure pulse in both accuracy and efficiency.

If you want to do my bottle mod the maximum diameter with a modified shroud is 55mm < bottles and regs are plentiful on ebay.

A 2 inch sanding drum can be used with a drill to open up the shroud until it fits.