.22 FX Hybrids vs .25 JSB Kings

Pretty much what eaglehorn said, most slugs have a better BC and a large hollow point for maximum damage. If your looking to shoot deer, your going to need a big bore airgun. I’d suggest ATLEAST .30 and up. I’d even say go for a .357. If your going to use a .30, your going to need some super heavy slugs going very fast to inflict enough damage to quickly down a deer. 

But for foxes I’d recommend a .25 airgun, just because of that extra power with pellets and slugs so even if your shot isn’t perfect it’ll go down quickly. Birds, squirrels, etc. the .22 hybrids and .25 kings will do just fine. Destroyed plenty of birds with them out to 100yds. Look at some of the hunting posts recently. 

I agree, it really comes down to being intentional with the kind of shooting you want to do. Yes testing out Hybrids is fun but long range will really show the benefits of the Hybrids. a shot spine with .22s on an impact set at 1050 does take a deer down in a responsible way (needless to say, make sure is legal where you live and you are hunting responsibly )