• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.22 For EBR

For a host of reasons… it’s

easier for most shooters to get a 30 shooting consistently at 100 yards without flyers than the 22RD. For that reason… the 30 is my favorite.

With a 30, pellets are consistent, reg pressures can be moderate, accuracy can be good at a wide range of speeds and the barrels are more rigid.

.22RD’s seem to be fussier in comparison with their need for high velocity, high reg pressure and ultra clean barrels.

Brad in Salt Lake

I don’t have a favorite. 

The .30 is inherently accurate. Big robust pellets that can handle some rough-tumble or self-indexing mags. Don’t forget about the 50.15s. They can perform through the right bore. 

25.39gr .25 Kings are great for a lot of things. 100 yard bench-rest in difficult conditions isn’t their fortè. 33.95gr King Heavy is awesome. Wish JSB would produce them correctly but they don’t!

.22 RDMs……….Boy are they responsible for a lot of pulled out hair!!! Wonderful today, pissing you off tomorrow 😡 Fragile projectiles. Have won several championships and broken many hearts! 

The easy choice is the .30. They shoot very good in many platforms. Be it the Hatsan Carnivore, the Marauder, the Cricket, the Impact, the Evol or the Delta Wolf. 

It’s all fun 🤩. Let’s not forget that. This is a joyous sport/hobby & passion for us. Looking forward to 2022 big shows 👊🏼

Great post Derrick.

If only the .25 King Heavies weren’t like a box of chocolates (you never know what you’re going to get), we’d all be shooting them because of their superior BC and resistance to wind drift. But they are like a box of chocolates, so we don’t generally shoot them at 100 yards. 

The .22 RDMs are great. Can be shot at high speed, very precise, have been proven in Competition. But there are the FLYERS!!! If you don’t spend copious amounts of time and effort sorting, weighing, sizing, lubing, they’ll bite you in the ass when you least expect it. And even IF you do all of the above there’s still that minor chance of a tournament ruining flyer…. I’ve had it happen twice this year in big tournaments, so…. 

.30 it is. Generally don’t need sorted and can be shot from the tin. Consistent quality. No flyers… none. So for me, it’s a no brainer which pellet I’ll be shooting in 2022…. ;)