.22 Cricket2 Tactical at RMAC

Just wanted to mention that although I was planning on shooting my .25 Delta Wolf with 29 grain NSA at 950 FPS this past weekend, I ended up shooting a .22 Cricket2 Tactical at the PRS event Saturday. I had an issue with the DW, so I asked Larry Piercy from AoA if he had a gun in the van that I could borrow. Larry said sure, you can try the .22 Cricket2 Tactical shooting 25.4 grain Monster RDs. Gorgeous gun with the orange/black laminate stock.

All I can say is WOW! I checked Larry's zero at 25 yards at their AirBnB that the Wolf Pack had rented, then shot a few shots into a 1/2 inch group at 75 yards Friday evening. Good to go! Although I'm not that great at PRS (NRL-22), and shooting pellets in that kind of wind was crazy, I still did pretty well and the gun was flawless. It was the 60 (High Power) version, shooting the JSB Monster RDs at about 890 FPS. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED with the Team Centercut stamp of approval!!!

Thanks to AoA for the loaner, I liked it so much I wanted to keep it... Also thanks to the Daystate Wolf Pack, since Derrick Wall and I went over Friday evening, and Alvaro Lopez was grilling some fat steaks, bacon wrapped shrimp, and baked potatoes on the grill, and we were invited to stay for dinner. AWESOME!!!
FYI, there was a LOT of talent at the Wolf Den that evening, Alvaro - 2019 RMAC 100Y BR winner, Claudio - 2018 EBR 100Y BR winner, Tom Adams - 2021 EBR 100Y BR and Speed Silo (Pro) winner to name a few...

Last edited:
@Centercut how did it feel weight wise? I always liked the look and reviews of them but they do look top heavy...
It had a lightweight MTC scope on it, so it didn't feel any heavier than an Impact or Delta Wolf... It has good balance and was easy to shoot off hand, plus was VERY accurate... I tried to leave with it in my trunk but Larry caught me... :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
It had a lightweight MTC scope on it, so it didn't feel any heavier than an Impact or Delta Wolf... It has good balance and was easy to shoot off hand, plus was VERY accurate... I tried to leave with it in my trunk but Larry caught me... :oops:

Fair enough I love the feel of my Alpha Wolf so thats good enough answer for me, i contemplated one of these cricket2s instead of buying my taipan so I had to ask.

Reactions: Centercut
Fair enough I love the feel of my Alpha Wolf so thats good enough answer for me, i contemplated one of these cricket2s instead of buying my taipan so I had to ask.
IMHO, you won't be disappointed... I was shooting to sight in at 25 yards at some 2 inch knock downs, and JT said stop being a wuss and shoot the little KYLs (from 1.5 to 1/4 inch). So I speed shot the whole rack no problem. The gun not only is very accurate, but is efficient and the cocking effort is super light and smooth...

IMHO, you won't be disappointed... I was shooting to sight in at 25 yards at some 2 inch knock downs, and JT said stop being a wuss and shoot the little KYLs (from 1.5 to 1/4 inch). So I speed shot the whole rack no problem. The gun not only is very accurate, but is efficient and the cocking effort is super light and smooth...

Maybe a Cricket2 CF 60 will be in my future...

And there is an easy (though not inexpensive) way to make a stock C2Tact even better, IMHO.

(Scroll down the page in the following link): https://www.scstocksandgrips.com/stocks-for-sale

IMG_2724.JPG

I looked at these myslef, but ended up passing after many reviews (including AEAC) had trouble loading mags.
Loading the pellets into the mag is a breeze - much easier than most enclosed mags.

Loading the loaded mags into the gun is a bit fiddly - for maybe a week or so. Then things just seem to fall in place quickly after that (muscle memory), and you say to yourself "Why did I initially think this was so fiddly?"

I can now load pellets into the mag, and the mag into the gun quicker than I can, for example, an AGT, FX or RTI mag of the same capacity.

The only place where loading a loaded Cricket mag into the gun would be slower and potentially an issue would be when you somehow needed to do it one handed while walking out in the field. So not an issue in my use scenario.

Loading the pellets into the mag is a breeze - much easier than most enclosed mags.

Loading the loaded mags into the gun is a bit fiddly - for maybe a week or so. Then things just seem to fall in place quickly after that (muscle memory), and you say to yourself "Why did I initially think this was so fiddly?"

I can now load pellets into the mag, and the mag into the gun quicker than I can, for example, an AGT, FX or RTI mag of the same capacity.

The only place where loading a loaded Cricket mag into the gun would be slower and potentially an issue would be when you somehow needed to do it one handed while walking out in the field. So not an issue in my use scenario.
I agree with the above. Once you get the knack loading the mag into the gun is quick and easy. I used a .22 Cricket mini Carbine to win 2019 EBR Speed Silo (S) and that involved a mag change. And loading the pellets into the mag is easier than any other gun on the market.

Speed load .22 Cricket magazine

I agree with the above. Once you get the knack loading the mag into the gun is quick and easy. I used a .22 Cricket mini Carbine to win 2019 EBR Speed Silo (S) and that involved a mag change. And loading the pellets into the mag is easier than any other gun on the market.

Speed load .22 Cricket magazine
3rd call...
Had pretty much accepted that I'd have to modify (or replace with the DonnyFL version) the sideplate on my carbine to make mag loading easier. 2000+ pellets later, & haven't bothered. Became second nature halfway through the first tin.
We all have our pet peeves regarding airgun design & build, so please don't think I'm putting anyone down who finds it problematic. Certainly have my own nits to pick with some designs, a few of which are admittedly irrational.