• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 CPHPs, Sweet Plinking and Pesting Goodness…

Went to Walmart today to specifically seek them out, still $7 per tin, a six pack, $42 + tax for 3K pellets. All my BRKs shoot them with deadly accuracy out to 50+ yards. Very happy that Walmart didn’t raise the price, yet…

IMG_1490.jpeg

I tried the 22 CPHPs a year or two ago in my primary pester (FX Dreamlite compact) to see if they would be a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately for my setup, I would get 3-4 tight shots about 1 MOA, but then I would get 1 flier. Like clockwork. Ran a couple dozen test groups like that. It was a shame. I had gotten excited when I saw those first few shots printing on top of each other.

Reactions: Dairyboy
You are lucky getting them for $7. The Wally World that is in My neck of the woods is $11.99, even Amazon is $9.99. I should order mine through you! lol
$11.99 WOW where is that ? KY is still $7 IF Crossman's came in wadcutters i would try them .

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
You are lucky getting them for $7. The Wally World that is in My neck of the woods is $11.99, even Amazon is $9.99. I should order mine through you! lol
I thought they were the same price nationwide at Walmart. It is 6.99 where I live but many stores don't have CPHP in .22. The price one year ago was 6.24. So they did raise the price. At $7, it's the best pellet deal if your gun likes this pellet. Unfortunately for me, only one gun likes this pellet.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Went to Walmart today to specifically seek them out, still $7 per tin, a six pack, $42 + tax for 3K pellets. All my BRKs shoot them with deadly accuracy out to 50+ yards. Very happy that Walmart didn’t raise the price, yet…

View attachment 467575
My BRK Sahara .22 likes this pellet! I have used this winning combination to kill quite a few pests!

Reactions: L.Leon
I tried the 22 CPHPs a year or two ago in my primary pester (FX Dreamlite compact) to see if they would be a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately for my setup, I would get 3-4 tight shots about 1 MOA, but then I would get 1 flier. Like clockwork. Ran a couple dozen test groups like that. It was a shame. I had gotten excited when I saw those first few shots printing on top of each other.
None of my FX guns likes CPHP pellets. I have tried 320mm, 500 and 600mm barrels. They perform well enough at slower speeds in 570 FPS range for pesting at close distances within 40 yards. A few chipmunks found out the hard way that 10 ft-lbs is actually lethal. I now use CPHP exclusively on my BRK Sniper Sahara running about 900 FPS (26 ft-lbs). I only use JSB pellets for FX guns.

Reactions: L.Leon and Spartan