.22 cleaning rod or pull through?

What is recommended for cleaning the bore on a .22 air rifle & thanks. I am having difficulty threading 40 lb mono.

Mono problem with threading is solved by removing the break and starting from the breech without cocking the rifle. .22 bore snake has been ordered. Thanks all and this is a sweet shooting rifle.

1597360691_18665787805f35ca33a1a1b6.21446571.jpg

Nice pictures of airgun leading in the bore, very educational.

I made my own patch puller using 0.060" round string trimmer line. I folded it over double and installed several 0.75" long pieces of heat shrink tubing every few inches, to unitize the strands, tying a figure-eight knot at the loose ends. I gently heated the knot over a flame and pulled it tight with pliers to set it. On the other end, I used to pliers to squeeze and crease the nose/point of the loop to permanently flatten it into more of an oval shape. I made several, and sometimes use wrappings of Scotch 35 or Super-88 electrical tape instead of the heat shrink.

The string trimmer pullers tend to want to coil up, so you need access to the muzzle crown to get it started before you can push it down the bore to the breech. You can use a straw to guide it through a moderator and baffles.

Here's a picture of a short one I made for my edgun Leshiy.

1597333857_19750552065f3561610c8753.61141163.jpg

I now have patchworm kits (and a few others) but still often grab a piece of trimmer line. Unlike the above doubled line with a loop, I melt and flatten one end of the trimmer line and sharpen the other end. Then the patch can be penetrated and slid to the flat end and pulled through the bore. The flat end can be gradually sanded until you have a tight fit or looser fit for the specific patches used. Just a different method of accomplishing the same goal.

I use a Hoppes bore snake pulled through every 500 shots. A drop or two of Hoppes #9 on the absorption knot and 3 or 4 passes through the bore does the trick. The Teslong bore scope pictures show the before and after results. You will see accuracy restored after cleaning.

Yep. I have bore snakes for .177, .22 and .25 and the .177 also works well for my .20 caliber barrels. I also have Tipton coated rods and brass bore brushes for all 4 calibers for use with JB Bore Paste but it's rare I use them. Nice to have on hand though and had the money at the time so I bought them.