22 Caliber Airgun Slug SHOOTOUT! (JSB K-O slugs FIRST LOOK!)

dennis-baker

Dealer
May 9, 2016
Ohio
.22 Caliber Airgun Slug SHOOTOFF! Including the NEW JSB Knock-Out slugs! Get your first look at the awesome new offering from JSB here, and see how it stacks up to proven contenders such as the FX Hybrid Slugs, H&N Slug HP, and Neilsen Specialty Ammo slugs! The first link is to the written report. The second is a link to a full length review video. I suggest taking them both in for the full story. All comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Click here for written report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vlQuaAFBIo&t=3s

Great video and you are honest not advertising 1 brand .I have not shot the FX or JSB yet . and it depends on your gun , I have so many 22 cal pcp and many shoot slugs well , I do prefer much heavier slugs in .22 cal like in the 30 to 40 gr , I hope JSB will put out heavier slugs Id really like to see a slug with out such a huge cavity , as the penetration and BC is decreased with big hollow points ,I also found the HN to penetrate more and they load easier then NSA , I believe they are softer I had tested BHN on them a while back . you can also tell by the finish of the slug , If I cast pure lead it is dull dark gray , If I make my 30 cal slugs I put 5 % tin and they look like they are polished ,So doing this makes them look better and have les chance of damage during shipping . LOU

Great video and you are honest not advertising 1 brand .I have not shot the FX or JSB yet . and it depends on your gun , I have so many 22 cal pcp and many shoot slugs well , I do prefer much heavier slugs in .22 cal like in the 30 to 40 gr , I hope JSB will put out heavier slugs Id really like to see a slug with out such a huge cavity , as the penetration and BC is decreased with big hollow points ,I also found the HN to penetrate more and they load easier then NSA , I believe they are softer I had tested BHN on them a while back . you can also tell by the finish of the slug , If I cast pure lead it is dull dark gray , If I make my 30 cal slugs I put 5 % tin and they look like they are polished ,So doing this makes them look better and have les chance of damage during shipping . LOU

Thank you very much!

This is just the beginning of the slug game for JSB.

Who knows what the future will bring?

The H&N also seem to be lubricated right from the factory. 

I couldn't get solid info on what the deal was with that, so I didn't address it...but they're certainly coated in SOMETHING slippery.

Might be why they load easier, as well as the composition.

-Donnie

Sonny I have the feeling you are a great man in disguise. Marines you either love 'em or can't stand 'em . I'm grateful for each and every one of them. Your report on All the slugs was so insightful and well done especially your testing, well it's amazing. I've always thought that pellets, and slugs all have their uses. Up to the shooter which is chosen and why. Thanks for your service, your report, and your choice to be who you are.