.22 cal marauder good enought for competition?

I`ve had my marauder for about two years now, mostly shoot for hunting, but in a few weeks i have my firstr competition, I dont have a lot of information about it other than it is two categories (25 and 50 mt) and I registered for both, my marauder is not regulated, so i plan to use it for 25mt, a friend offered to lend me his Air Venturi avenger (wich due to the regulator i plan to use for 50mt), i plan to shoot 18,13gr jsb pellets from my rifle, and out of the avenger.
can anyone suggest a speed/tune for the marauder and the avenger?
keep in mind that i can only fill both rifles at 3000psi since thats what my air tank is rated for.

Do you have the match requirements? There might be power restrictions to deal with. Look for information concerning light varmit and heavy varmit.
The marauder is a very accurate air rifle if it fit the parameters of the match.
I did ask if there was any restrictions and so on, they only told me that it had to be a .22cal rilfe.
my question is mmore oriented towards the stability/precission side of tuning rather than power.

Have you recorded a chronograph shot string to see your marauders current happy zone with the cylinder pressure?
depends on the hammer adjustment i have it set at, but its usually between 2900 and 2700psi approximately, ive set up my marauder the following way: backed up the hammer spring all the way and gave it 5 turns, backed up all the way the hammer stroke and gave it 3 turns , and the valve is wide open, at the moment im getting abt 930fps with jsb hades or 15,89gr jsb

Are you shooting the 18gr pellets because they are proven to be most accurate, or for any other reason? Because it would be a good idea to stick with the first reason....
Out of the pellets ive tried those have been the most accurate to date, i do plan on trying out the fx hybrids, but that would be after the competition

I was told that it would be a 25 target card with 4cm targets, so I guess it will be benchrest
The Marauder should do fine. Do you have any bags or a rest to shoot with? Your rest set up is pretty important in benchrest. Make sure you are zeroed in at the distance you'll be shooting in advance if possible.

Reactions: NicoB01
The Marauder should do fine. Do you have any bags or a rest to shoot with? Your rest set up is pretty important in benchrest. Make sure you are zeroed in at the distance you'll be shooting in advance if possible.
I plan to use my marauder to shoot 25mt, since it’s unregulated, I do have a bipod and I’ll borrow a set of shooting bags from a friend, for 50 mt bench rest I plan to use a n air Venturi avenger (was thin of setting the reg at about 140bar and shoot either 18gr jsb pellets or th 25gr jsb at 850-ish