.22 Cal Huben K1 2021 Barrel

I got this from Kelly

The thing with the 2021s is that the magazine is choked from .223 at the loading side to .218 barrel side. Any slug gets reduced. I tried the .223 CNC'd magazine, but i couldn't keep any of the huben slugs i tried to stay stable. The NSA and AVG slugs i tried kept slipping and sticking out of the magazine, blocking the cycling, and taking some effort to fix - so I stopped trying.

It does shoot RDMs very well. Esp with a little silicone oil on them.

IMG_20210605_110703.1639783999.jpg

Reactions: Jabu
Yep, Kelly gave the following information to me and answered my question. He answered my email in just a few minutes. The following screen shot is from a Gregor YouTube video where he flashed up the barrel specs for 2021 as provided by Huben. The screen shot text for the twist rate, land, & groove is in mm. So ...now we know.

image0.1639784096.jpeg

Reactions: Ezana4CE and Jabu
I got this from Kelly

The thing with the 2021s is that the magazine is choked from .223 at the loading side to .218 barrel side. Any slug gets reduced. I tried the .223 CNC'd magazine, but i couldn't keep any of the huben slugs i tried to stay stable. The NSA and AVG slugs i tried kept slipping and sticking out of the magazine, blocking the cycling, and taking some effort to fix - so I stopped trying.

It does shoot RDMs very well. Esp with a little silicone oil on them.

Did you try any of the 28.5 Gr. .223 diameter VKs? I also have had good preliminary luck with the JSB Monster RDs. I may be shooting them a little to hot but I am achieving excellent results. I am at 15 MPA and a muzzle velocity of 994 fps. I then push each Monster RD pellet forward to seat it in the front of the magazine. This has given dime size groups at 30 yards and consistent quarter groups at 50 from a bench rest & using a bipod/rear bag. I have some VK's ordered. I got to say I am very satisfied with the Huben. Boy is it flat shooting! It looks like the JSB Monster RD is the way to go for short to 75 yards. I will hold judgement on the VKs until I try them. My plan was to use the VKs for longer ranges at 75-100+ yards to harvest squirrels, crows, starlings, etc. I have had excellent results using a MTC Rapier Ballistic Rangefinder. I then dial my Element Scope to the corrected clicks for elevation/angle and estimate the wind. If given time I also dial the clicks for the windage. I have element scopes on all my PCPs. My scope tape is in clicks, not yards. The MTC Rangefinder will compensate for angle. Most of my shots are at high angles and the MTC gives you the number of correction clicks (on your cell phone) to compensate for the distance/angle. That is one of the best things I have gotten. I also use the Primos Gen 3 trigger sticks religiously LOL.

IMG_20210605_110703.1639783999.jpg
//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E