• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 Brocock Contour G6 Mini-Review: What a Fun Little Airgun!

I recently picked up a mint but used .22 Brocock Contour G6 from @Puertorico after reading a lot of reviews from happy owners of Brocock Contours and S6 Standards. I kept reading about how short, light and accurate they are, and very fun to shoot. 

After receiving it this week, getting a BSA 4-14X40 AO Mil-dot with BKL rings mounted and sighted in, and a couple of short shooting sessions, I have to agree! After years of shooting my 10lb 14oz and 42.5" long .25 Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical (with Hawke Sidewinder 30 Tactical), handling the 6lb 6oz (with scope & rings) 35" long Contour is a refreshing delight.

It's good for about 3 magazines per fill with a very acceptable ES/SD and more importantly, no POI change. At 25 yards it stacks the 14.3gr and 15.89gr JSBs in one ragged hole. The stock Hugget is a joke, not very backyard friendly at all but that is being remedied with a Huggett Belita to bridge the gap until I receive my NC LDC. For pesting in the yard and hunting, it fills my needs nicely.

If you're in the market for a fun little sub $500 PCP rifle that's short, light and accurate with a decent shot count and enough power for hunting/pesting at shorter distances, this gun should be on your short list.

I hope it stays fun for you. I received the same gun but the S6 variant from AOA earlier this week but had to mail it back to them the same day due to malfunctions regarding the magazine and bolt. Mine had trouble cycling the magazine correctly, likely bending the skirts of the pellets as they were being pushed into the breech. Then after about 100 shots the cocking bolt started to get stuck half way when pushing the bolt forward while a magazine was in place. I'd have to remove the magazine in order to get the bolt to go all the way in the breech so I could shoot the gun. I was so fed up with it I called AOA and shipped it back to them for repair or replacement. Hopefully they get it sorted out right the first time or I'm returning it altogether. First time I've had any real bad experience with all the PCP's I've owned. 

"dr_beretta"I hope it stays fun for you. I received the same gun but the S6 variant from AOA earlier this week but had to mail it back to them the same day due to malfunctions regarding the magazine and bolt. Mine had trouble cycling the magazine correctly, likely bending the skirts of the pellets as they were being pushed into the breech. Then after about 100 shots the cocking bolt started to get stuck half way when pushing the bolt forward while a magazine was in place. I'd have to remove the magazine in order to get the bolt to go all the way in the breech so I could shoot the gun. I was so fed up with it I called AOA and shipped it back to them for repair or replacement. Hopefully they get it sorted out right the first time or I'm returning it altogether. First time I've had any real bad experience with all the PCP's I've owned.
I was aware of possible feeding and magazine issues during my research, and that the cycling issues seem to go away after breaking in. Even though it was owned previously, I experienced this on mine during the first few magazines where it would occasionally hang up on a pellet while cycling. After firing a dozen or so magazines the cycling has become smoother with no issues, knock on wood.

Good luck on yours, hopefully it will come back trouble free.

"dr_beretta"Good job!

For my LDC, I purchased this adaptor from overseas to fit to the S6 barrel so I can screw on a Weihrauch LDC with the standard 1/2 UNF threads. Should make it whisper quiet. 

I have one of those on order as well as a new Huggett Belita purchased from a forum member coming to use in the interim until I receive my Neil Clague LDC. How long did it take to arrive from the UK?

Great-looking guns, too. I think the reason they're not more popular is that when folks think ".22 PCP rifle" they're also thinking "> 25 FPE" so they avoid it as underpowered. 

But I think it has plenty of power for small game out to 40 yards. I don't think it has an excess of power, to where you'd be looking to find more expandable ammo due to it blowing through the animals so fast, but enough. We have to give some credit to the UK government for this too. If they'd not been imposing ridiculous energy restrictions on its "subjects" then we might not have such accurate PCPs. (if you've only got 11.5 FPE, you gotta go for head shots, right?)

They're on close-out pricing now, since that's an old, independent Brocock, instead of a new Daystate/Brocock. Another way to look at it is that it's the same price as a Marauder Pistol "Woods Walker.", but more accurate, and with 40% more power.

"Smaug"Great-looking guns, too. I think the reason they're not more popular is that when folks think ".22 PCP rifle" they're also thinking "> 25 FPE" so they avoid it as underpowered. 

But I think it has plenty of power for small game out to 40 yards. I don't think it has an excess of power, to where you'd be looking to find more expandable ammo due to it blowing through the animals so fast, but enough. We have to give some credit to the UK government for this too. If they'd not been imposing ridiculous energy restrictions on its "subjects" then we might not have such accurate PCPs. (if you've only got 11.5 FPE, you gotta go for head shots, right?)

They're on close-out pricing now, since that's an old, independent Brocock, instead of a new Daystate/Brocock. Another way to look at it is that it's the same price as a Marauder Pistol "Woods Walker.", but more accurate, and with 40% more power.
My sentiments exactly. It's also much more ergonomic and has more power ~20fpe than a .22 P-Rod/Woods Walker. I think ~16-20fpe is perfect for backyard pesting and hunting small game like squirrels out to 45 or so yards. My typical pesting is from 10-35yrds and the Contour stacks them pellet on pellet to a cloverleaf at those ranges. So far it suits my needs perfectly: Accuracy, enough power, short, light and points extremely well. 18 accurate, very consistent shots per fill (3 magazines worth) and a six shot magazine is perfect for me for pesting with quick follow-up shots if required for humane kills. 

So far it's 2 for 2 both headshots at 25yrds both right between eye and ear with surgical accuracy as intended.

"mmahoney"Probably a dumb question, but does the supplied Huggett moderator just unscrew or is it welded on?
It unscrews, however it may be on there with thread locker and require a heat gun or torch to remove. Mine just screwed off.

Huggett Belita and M10X1.0 to 1/2 UNF adapter, and custom 8" NC LDC came. The Belita is more quiet than the stock Huggett, however with the 8" NC LDC attached the Contour is the quietest airgun I've ever shot. More quiet than my .25 Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical with full Huggett system, and quieter than MRods that I've shot. Shooting it is just a faint pffft along with the hammer and spring sound of the action and a very faint ping of the air cylinder. Pellet impact is way louder. It is RIDICULOUSLY QUIET.

"balllistic"
"mmahoney"Probably a dumb question, but does the supplied Huggett moderator just unscrew or is it welded on?
It unscrews, however it may be on there with thread locker and require a heat gun or torch to remove. Mine just screwed off.

Huggett Belita and M10X1.0 to 1/2 UNF adapter, and custom 8" NC LDC came. The Belita is more quiet than the stock Huggett, however with the 8" NC LDC attached the Contour is the quietest airgun I've ever shot. More quiet than my .25 Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical with full Huggett system, and quieter than MRods that I've shot. Shooting it is just a faint pffft along with the hammer and spring sound of the action and a very faint ping of the air cylinder. Pellet impact is way louder. It is RIDICULOUSLY QUIET.

Well, it ought to be quiet, as you've taken a tidy little carbine and made it into a rifle again!

Balistic - I had a heck of a time getting the Huggett off my Brocock XL S6. I had to heat the crap out of it with a torch to get the glue to release. The Huggett that comes with the Brococks is a total joke, unlike the Huggett I have on my Wildcat, which is the best moderator I have owned. 

Smaug - even after adding a 7 inch Neil Clague mod to my S6, it is still the lightest and PCP I have ever fired. But you own a Compatto, so you know how Brococks shoulder. These guns are just too fun. I have mine up for sale, but I should keep it.