Brocock/BRK .22 BRK GHOST HP

Axel

Feb 27, 2024
I'm looking for some advice regarding the power to use with the Ghost HP and suitable pellet weight. At present I have the regulator set at 150 but the gun is shooting JSB 18.13 grn at 1,100 and 25.39 grn at 998 with power wheel on maximum. The 25.39grn seem to like a speed of 990 but I can't get the speed of the 18.13grn to below 1,030 with power wheel on minimum so I guess the regulator pressure needs to come down.

This got me wondering what power and pellet weight others have found to be optimum. I appreciate all barrels might be different but I would be interested in the power/weight others have found to be good in the Ghost. I have some 33 JSB Beasts but haven't tried these yet.

I like the .22 25.39gr redesigns at 965 or so. I like the 18.13gr at 880 to 915. I don’t like the .22 33.95s.

Yes, your reg is too high for the 18s and a bit too high for the 25.39s. For best performance, you’d need to adjust the reg if you wanted to switch between the 25.39s (145 bar) and the 18s (100 bar).

...my .22 HP came set at 100 bar for 18.13 gr pellets and is still shooting them @ 980 fps @ minimum setting...it was speced as 960 fps, but there it is...

...AoA sent another hammer spring in case I wanted it to shoot slower, but it is delivering excellent accuracy at that speed, and I wanted all the power I can get w/o spoiling the accuracy...methinks it is that 1-30" twist rate that makes it so...

...at the same 100 bar I am getting an average of 850 fps with JSB 28.55 grain JM's with the power set @ 10...it was 834 fps @ min....

...it do wonder how much more speed there is @ 100 bar but it is stacking them off a tripod at that speed and delivering a fair bit more energy than the 18.13's...

...I was considering increasing regulator pressure a bit but like the Idea of being able to use the 18.13 gr pellets by just turning down the power...

...I was hoping to see the same velocities with the 28.55 gn pellets with the same accuracy as I was seeing with the 18.13 gn pellets...probably will not see that @ 100 bar, eh...

...I figger I might get closer @ max power setting but with the gun stacking the pellets to point of aim @ 25 yards I would rather wait for a squirrel...

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon and qball
I don’t know about the 22 cause I’ve only shot 25 & 28 gr between 960-900 but my 177 hp i shoot at 140 bar 13.4 gr jsb pellets to 810 pw 6 but with the .047 diameter wire spring. I used to shoot at around 80 bar but its more consistent and i have more hammer wheel change in velocity at 140 bar. At 80 bar the only velocity adjustment i had was with the reg

Thanks for the replies. Some interesting and useful information.
I like the .22 25.39gr redesigns at 965 or so. I like the 18.13gr at 880 to 915. I don’t like the .22 33.95s.

Yes, your reg is too high for the 18s and a bit too high for the 25.39s. For best performance, you’d need to adjust the reg if you wanted to switch between the 25.39s (145 bar) and the 18s (100 bar).
I was hoping I could switch between the 2 weights if I lowered the power to say 135 bar and just adjusted the power wheel when I swopped pellets. I would like to shoot mainly 50 - 100 yards so would the 25 grn be a better pellet at longer range?

Only 100 bar for 18.13 grn? I thought I read somewhere that at such a low setting I would need a different hammer spring.

I guess I need to decide what pellet weight I want to shoot then test a few different brands to get the optimum accuracy. I probably need to look at some ballistic tables for different weights then pick a weight. Do you choose a weight first or should you try as many varied weights as possible and just go for accuracy?

Higher weight = less shot count, greater knock down power, less effected by wind. Is this correct or are there ay other pros and cons?

As a further thought BRK told me that a 'slug' barrel is shortly to be released(June?). When this arrives an option would be to shoot 18grn from existing barrel then adjust regulator when barrel is changed for slug barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy