Tuning .22 AEA HP SS trigger problem

I have had the same problem with mine, might shoot 3 or 4 mags fine then the trigger will just stop working. I thought that maybe it was getting gummed up or stuff in there, took it apart and cleaned it up good and am still having the same problem. Not sure what is causing it but figured out holding it upside down and working the trigger a bunch will get it working again. I'm working this weekend so haven't messed with it much, plan on taking it apart again this week and see if I can figure out what is causing it.

I am having a similar issue with my .22 HP SS +, from day one intermittent pellet loading causing smashed pellets and now one inoperable mag, I also noticed with pellets that I managed to recover that the needle thin pellet probe had punched a hole right through them and the probe had pulled them backwards out of the mag, one dropped through the little hole and down into the trigger, also, the bolt blowback seems really fierce and causes threaded parts like the stock, power adjuster and bolt handle to keep becoming unscrewed.

Accuracy has been iffy with JSB 18 grain pellets, I might get 3 out of 5 in a 4" circle at 30 yards, walk away for half an hour and suddenly it's shooting 6" to the right.

2 week old gun, I'm sick of messing with it.

Reactions: nobody1
I am having a similar issue with my .22 HP SS +, from day one intermittent pellet loading causing smashed pellets and now one inoperable mag, I also noticed with pellets that I managed to recover that the needle thin pellet probe had punched a hole right through them and the probe had pulled them backwards out of the mag, one dropped through the little hole and down into the trigger, also, the bolt blowback seems really fierce and causes threaded parts like the stock, power adjuster and bolt handle to keep becoming unscrewed.

Accuracy has been iffy with JSB 18 grain pellets, I might get 3 out of 5 in a 4" circle at 30 yards, walk away for half an hour and suddenly it's shooting 6" to the right.

2 week old gun, I'm sick of messing with it.

Watch the video I did with this gun definitely worth at try. So far I have had great luck with all the changes. I know exactly how you feel but once working right they seem like a good value for what it is. If you don't have a 3d printer just message me and I can print and send you some plugs.

https://youtu.be/dmZ4x1OYKt0

Forgot for the accuracy look at the crown on the barrel, mine had a big bur and chatter makes on it from machining. Polishing it helped a lot. Also if you have an aftermarket moderator on it make sure it's not clipping.

As for the mag get ahold of who you bought it from most dealers are really good about sending replacements or parts to fix it.

I had messaged them a couple of days ago, but the only reply back from them was "what grain pellets are you using?", since then nothing.

Very informal Video, I just pulled the shroud to take a look and guess what? the barrel was half a turn loose, it's like this gun just wants to self destruct.

Great idea of yours with the plugs, we have a lathe at work with some Delrin, worth a try, We definitely need to work on the pellet probe, the one on my Crosman 2240 has a much large dia.

Did you order it from bin tac? 

For plugs start with 4 complete blocks and 4 with small through holes seems to be working really good for the 14.3g Crossman. Once you do this you won't have it punching through pellets anymore. A bigger pellet probe would be nice, hopefully people start making some aftermarket parts for these.

OK, it's been a month now, firstly Nelson86m's videos are a must watch, changes I made are;

Barrel / breech re-crown with a #10 brass screw and valve grinding paste, improved accuracy, now shots are within 1" @ 35 yards.

Plugs at the air diffuser on the barrel end, helped with the cycling, also tightening the cycling piston against the spring helped the bounce of the bolt, but I still I get the odd mis-feed (I'm sure this is the mags and Pellet probe) so, reached out to the Pellet shop, their advice, because I have the Donny FL, remove all baffles from the shroud and back off the hammer spring 1 turn.

Still the same occasional mis-feeds, again I am putting this down to crappy mags and the needle thin bolt probe.

Incidentally, the Pellet shop stated they would send me a 'couple' of plastic mags to replace the wrecked CNC one, they sent me one? A $25 replacement for a $45 item, I won't recommend them to anyone.

Hopefully, someone soon will come out with more reliable mags and an improved bolt / Pellet probe, something like the wider hollow FX probe.

I agree the mags are definitely a big problem. I got a few spares when i got my gun and am down to one left that seems to work good, not good odds of getting a reliable magazine. It looks like https://aeswede.com/ is working on aea mags. Seen on facebook that he is getting close to releasing the .22 cal first then others. An upgraded pellet probe would be nice but haven't found anyone working on one as of yet but hopefully there becomes some more aftermarket parts for them with how popular they have become.