• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 700mm Superior Heavy liner - .218 or .217 HN slugs?

I have a PP impact with the 700mm superior heavy liner and need to order some slugs.

Should I go with the .217 or .218 size? People have mentioned the liner being very "tight" so I'm leaning towards .217 but would love to hear from someone that has tried both and has experience. Also any comments on slug weight would be nice, since HN have them in several different weights.

Unfortunately I cannot help at the moment because we are still waiting for our Superior Liner in .22 ...😒

Ouch. I got my liner from mundilar.net - they had plenty in stock when I ordered, and shipped really fast. Highly recommended.

H&N 21 gr in .218 at 950+ works a treat in my 700 slug, YMMV, definitely test what your barrel likes.

Your probably going to have to experiment. I just got one in yesterday and plan to play around this weekend to see what shoots best in mine. I have high hopes the NSA 31gr will be the ticket. 

John T

I would test, but it's hard for me because where I live (Iceland) there's no way to get ammo without ordering it from abroad and it requires an authorization/permit from the authorities which costs about $50 per order. I'm trying to narrow down and just get a bunch of one size in maybe 2 different weights so I don't have to order again anytime soon.