• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.217 NSA 17.5 grain - YES!

For the larger bore 22's in my case the 217-30-FN RG (hollow point) the slugs are all coming out about 27.5 grains, I was out today shooting them with my Airmax Dominator (first US SPAM16's) and the performance is stellar to say the least, I was getting touching 3 shot groups at 40-50 yds this morning with no rest and just leaning against a tree. I'm shooting them at about 850fps. They also work well in Crosman/Benjamin barrels that are also unchoked. I never had much luck shooting any slug in a choked barrel. My latest rifle purchase is a Sentry 705-9K in .22, it's got an non choked barrel also, I have done some chrony testing through it with them and they seem to perform well over the chrony but haven't been in the field with them yet. The worse part about the mold is being able to get one because they're in an out of stock almost as fast as you blink your eyes.

I tuned my r5m to shoot the 18gr @890-900fps and have very identical results as centercut. The nsa 17.5 slugs are shooting @870 and are working out very well, and shot two starlings the impact of the hits are very impressive. The only thing that I need to work on is the hold the gun seems to be a little more sensitive but that is the nature of the gun. Have fun shooting!

This will be my squirrel setup this Summer. 
Note: the slugs are actually the .2165 diameter NSA.
https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/products/17-5-grain-375-count-22-cal-slug-nsa

Here is what a 17.5 gr. slug I just removed from a squirrel looks like. These are flying about 900 fps from a standard RTI Priest. Did the trick for sure!

1589211077_20261849435eb96fc55f1ed5.39246704.jpg

1589211095_15456062045eb96fd74f5939.31783180.jpg

I know this an old thread, I have been neglecting my Ataman M2 because I was bored with it and it’s just been collecting dust so I figured I would give the lighter slug a try, to re-kindle the fire for the good ole Ataman.. pretty impressed with them at around 50yds, didn’t try any further yet though, Ataman’s are definitely under rated and over looked rifles, especially now with all the crap going on over there, my Ataman’s are here to stay though

IMG_3701.png

IMG_3696.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

Reactions: Ranchibi
I know this an old thread, I have been neglecting my Ataman M2 because I was bored with it and it’s just been collecting dust so I figured I would give the lighter slug a try, to re-kindle the fire for the good ole Ataman.. pretty impressed with them at around 50yds, didn’t try any further yet though, Ataman’s are definitely under rated and over looked rifles, especially now with all the crap going on over there, my Ataman’s are here to stay though

View attachment 378936

View attachment 378937

View attachment 378938
I have my RAW tuned to shoot JSB 18gr @ 970fps but also shoot the NSA 17.5gr on same tune and velocity is 20fps slower about 950-ish. I also put my open NSA slugs in my empty JSB tins labeled also like you...LOL!

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92