.216 Slugs on our production schedule

.216 slugs were made today, all the same weights as the .217 and .218. Just enough to do some testing and get a little feedback. Hoping some of the choked barrels will like the smaller diameter.

We expect production to start next week when we finish up overseas orders. Any request as to what weights people interested would like to see available first?

1581551164_19993811055e448e3c558530.59713725_20191111_100228.jpg

Id love to see .216 from 30 to 34 grains ,with a smaller hollow point.

The .26.8 and 28.6 seemed to load a bit hard , hard and alot of drag pushing threw my barrels with a dowel , I resized all of them down to .216 and they loaded a bit easier and they all shot better groups in the 3 guns I tested them in which were , Taipan veteran - Kaliber cricket ,Ed gun R5m ,

Id also like to buy pure lead slugs in .22 caliber but I understand with tin they have a better finish and are much less likely to become damaged during shipping because they are harder .

LOU

LOU I don't use any tin at all - zero. You only use tin for casting, no need to use in the swage process. There is a small amount of antimony which is needed in the high speed process but the BHN is very low as there is very little in the mix. I do have a 31.2 grain slug coming in all sizes as soon as we can free up our machine to make them. The hollow point is not going to become smaller though as that request is of the minority crowd and we have to make what the 8/10 want to buy so sorry about that request.

Most likely the hard pushing is because my dish base is very shallow so your probe pushes the slugs into the rifling further but even more a factor is the shape of these slugs is short and fat and not as long as skinny as my previous designs which is what the big boys copied. We will have those coming too like our originals, we have a 25 cal version ready we just need time on the press to make it.

thanks NOE , I did mean any materal that made a slug harder , and yes I noticed HN load easier and correct , they are a longer slug so less of an angle is easier to load , It is hard to make a slug to fit every gun , some the mags are shallow some bores not all same like powder burners , Your slugs are great and you keep innovating new and improved ones ,LOU

Tried the .216 NSA 24.8 grain HP DB in my .22 Eddy R3 Long. It shoots the 20.2 grain at 985 accurately at all distances. The 24.8 shot at 880 FPS. For reference the 25.4 RD Monster pellets shoot at 930 FPS. Only shot them at 50 yards today but accuracy is much better than when I shot the .217. There is less resistance chambering these than the 20.2 grain. Inside a dime accuracy at 50 yards five shot group. I think I’d need to bump up the power a bit to do them justice at ranges over 150 yards. But so far so good, with a significantly better BC than the 20.2. 
Thanks Nick!!!