2024 Northeast Airgun Classic Results

Thank you to all those who came out and helped make N.A.C. a great event!

Results for the 100 Yard Bench Rest:
https://competitions.ultimateballistics.com/competitions/246/rankings
Top 3 winners
RANKCOMPETITORSCOREX'SRANK (PREVIOUS ROUND)
1WILLIAM, Squillace22922
2THAYNE, Simmons22644
3KEITH, Gibson22546

Results for the Precision Shooter Challenge:
https://competitions.ultimateballistics.com/competitions/247/rankings
Top 3 winners
RANKCOMPETITORSCOREPROGRESS
1JUSTIN, Welch585.28 / 8 stages
82 / 82 shots
2WARREN, Carter5218 / 8 stages
82 / 82 shots
3CLARK, Sawyer512.58 / 8 stages
82 / 82 shots

Results for the Classic Squatch ELR:
https://competitions.ultimateballistics.com/competitions/251/rankings
Top 3 winners
RANKCOMPETITORSCOREPROGRESS
1JUSTIN, Jacobson1004 / 4 stages
16 / 16 shots
2BANGERTER, Spencer974 / 4 stages
16 / 16 shots
3SAWYER, Clark774 / 4 stages
16 / 16 shots

Our event will be changing dates for next year. Stay tuned for updates.

Also, our apologies on the delayed shipping if your purchased from northeastairguns.com last week. We were busy with the competition, but are back in the store now and orders are getting caught up.

DSC01341.jpg

For clarity, Benchrest was pellets only and there were definitely Red Pandas shooting Pro Benchrest. I thought Thane was one of those using the RP.

I asked their team what pellets they were shooting and they said .30 AEA 50.5g.

The Squatchbomb event was the same as last year (200, 250 and 300 yards) - but wind conditions were easier…
… I say this because my friend Joe & I (Sportsmen) both shot his .22 Impact PRS slug gun. I had 5 hits out of 8 shots - including 3 of 3 at 300. Joe had 7 of 8 hits - including 3 of 3 at 300 and knocking the thunderbird off the target with his last shotat 300 but it didn’t explode. (He went back to 250 for its smaller Thunderbird instead of waiting for 300 to be put back up).

Most of the rifles used in Squatchbomb were “regular” slug rifles. We had a fellow Sportsman friend hit the 200 and 250 yard targets with his FX Crown shooting 34g .25 cal PELLETS!

The ELR event had a requirement of a 200 ft/lb rifle. These were highly specialized rifles - I took pictures of a bunch of them (see below). Many were very loud. The red one was surprisingly quiet. As I recall, the most challenging target was a square steel plate of about 2 foot by 2 foot at 650 yards. I’m not certain anyone hit it.

-Ed

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4444.jpeg

IMG_4443.jpeg

IMG_4442.jpeg

IMG_4439.jpeg

For clarity, Benchrest was pellets only and there were definitely Red Pandas shooting Pro Benchrest. I thought Thane was one of those using the RP.

I asked their team what pellets they were shooting and they said .30 AEA 50.5g.
Very interesting, and here's why. Thayne shot JSB 44.75 last year for his three "major" wins, and no finals scores were less than 230. So, he switches to AEA 50 grainers this year and shoots a 226 in the finals (same gun) that he shot 232-7x at EBR in swirly winds at a slightly smaller target. Things that make you go hmmm...
Plus, he shot an FX Impact at the Squatch Bomb and PRS comps, and not the new Panda PRS...

Last edited:
Reactions: tibor
Very interesting, and here's why. Thayne shot JSB 44.75 last year for his three "major" wins, and no finals scores were less than 230. So, he switches to AEA 50 grainers this year and shoots a 226 in the finals (same gun) that he shot 232-7x at EBR in swirly winds at a slightly smaller target. Things that make you go hmmm...
Plus, he shot an FX Impact at the Squatch Bomb and PRS comps, and not the new Panda PRS...

Thayne’s scores were pretty consistent across the three rounds. I notice that he drew “center” bench positions on all three days. At NAC, it seems to me that the center lanes are windier, but it could just be my imagination.

Here are his scores as posted on Ultimate Ballistics:

53F795C0-564D-42C0-BE3F-88690906A211.jpeg

41957188-80F7-4E37-BD62-562293B3A20E.jpeg

DDF444FF-603D-4240-8AB4-BE78CEA8D650.jpeg

Yup. Good scores. I was only looking at the finals shooting 44.75 JSB .30 for the three tournaments that he won compared to his score with 50 grain AEA .30 at the NAC. Seems he “fixed” what wasn’t broken? 😉
Could have been bench position too notice the 7 right after a 10 and the 6 i think that was right after a 10 too. Worst thing about middle is the wind can give a good gust from either side if its a switchable wind and can catch you out for a shot or 2

Reactions: Centercut
He wasn't shooting the same gun in finals though. IIRC his gun broke the night before finals and he was shooting Bin's production gun instead. I don't know more than that, except it didn't even have a cheek piece.

Bin shot a 235 in his second relay with that gun. Wind for finals was definitely more challenging. Switchy tail wind if I recall.

He wasn't shooting the same gun in finals though. IIRC his gun broke the night before finals and he was shooting Bin's production gun instead. I don't know more than that, except it didn't even have a cheek piece.

Bin shot a 235 in his second relay with that gun. Wind for finals was definitely more challenging. Switchy tail wind if I recall.
What is bins production gun? And what does everyone think of this red panda?

I am confused lol . Not 1 picture or posting of results for the sportsman class individuals . I do not understand ??? Maybe I am missing something as well .
Amateurs don't count. We just pay the salaries for the pros.
Pretty sad - part of the reason I stay away from these sort of events.

• Haha
Reactions: tibor and swNCsw
I am confused lol . Not 1 picture or posting of results for the sportsman class individuals . I do not understand ??? Maybe I am missing something as well .

Hi,

I competed at NAC in Sportsman. All Benchrest results were posted on Ultimate Ballistics :

You can even drill down and look at the individual score for each target on each card for every competitor in every round.

They didn’t collect info like Rifle Used, Caliber, Pellet, etc - that we would all like to see.. but score info is very detailed like I described.

Here are some screenshots of the Sportsman 100 Bench Finals finish. The winner, Mark, was shooting a Thomas .22 - using JSB MRDs (25.39g) at 965fps - with no moderator. I learned this because I shot next to him and we talked. Nice guy.

My buddy Joe finished 3rd in Sportsman BR. He was shooting an FX Impact M2 with a 700mm .30 barrel shooting AEA 50.5g pellets at 875-880 fps.

You can all the Pro and Sportsman scores on the Ultimate Ballistics website using link above.

-Ed

IMG_4530.png

IMG_4531.png