• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results 2023 Tennessee State Championships - Invicta FTC (Minor Hill, TN)

Match report posted for David Slade:

2023 Tennessee State Championships - Invicta FTC

Invicta hosted the Tennessee State championships, and for November the 11th the weather was truly spectacular, crisp first thing, but warmed up nicely! Even the gusty wind added to the event, it was the strongest winds we have seen at the club this entire season, very few targets I held in the center, most were on the edge!

Brad Troyer really outdid himself this year, he came out Friday and waved his magic wand (sweated up a storm I bet) to somehow make the entire course look different, but still kept the difficulty rating at 36 (before wind)! I merely painted targets and cleared strings, when the match day came round, he went back onto the course before anyone got there and put out some of his famous full size targets (just like the ones he used when he hosted the US Nationals in Florida in 1999) when I sat down and spotted the full size wolf on lane 6, that wasn’t there when I painted the day the previous day I was really surprised! Seriously, a big shout out to Brad, he set the course, squadded everyone, and even designed the awards, he is a big reason everyone had fun, thank you Brad.

We had fifteen shooters made it out, it was great to see old friends, and the glorious weather just made for a really nice memorable event that was just like the old days, God willing next year we will make it a two day event.

I had the pleasure of shooting with Stylie Edwards, and you should note, that he and Robert Ray are busy in their spare time making a field target course on Stylie’s property in Mississippi, so look out for announcements in the spring next year! Roz Sumpter came out to visit during the match, still recovering from his hip replacement, he hopes to come out and play next year. Stylie had equipment issues about half way through the course, but soldiered on.

I will take a moment to talk about Cliff Smith, who has just loaned the club his “Yosemite Sam” field target to use on our course next season! Cliff has been shooting FT for quite some time, since the early 1990’s I believe. Cliff turned 80 earlier this year, and apparently he hasn’t lost the knack, he shot a very credible 53, just one off the top score, tied for first place in Open Class. unfortunately everyone had packed their gear away, so instead of a shoot off, there was a coin toss, Joe did mention that Cliff beat his off hand score, so maybe we will decide ties with that next time instead of a coin toss. I sincerely hope I can still be doing as well when I get to his age, its seriously quite impressive.

So this concludes the Invicta season for this year, I look forward to the next season where I hope to host TWO matches a month, once the second range is finished! As for my score, well even a blind squirrel find a nut every now and again…. but I did manage to double my misses AND shoot a target out of order on my very last lane LOL!

God Bless
David Slade

State Championship

54/60 David Slade Steyr LG110 Nikko Stirling 10-50 JSB 8.4

World Class PCP

54/60 David Slade Steyr LG110 Nikko Stirling 10-50 JSB 8.4
52/60 Doug Vinson Thomas Kahles 10-50 AA 8.4
51/60 Danny Ayers Thomas March 10-60 JSB 8.4
44/60 Chris Oldfield AA XTI 50 Sightron 10-50 JSB 10.34
43/60 Ron Brown AA FTP900 Sightron 10-50 AA 8.4
37/60 Robert Ray Steyr LG110 Kahles 10-50 AA 8.4

World Class Piston

48/60 Brad Troyer AA TX200 Sightron 10-50 AA 8.4

Open Class

53/60* Joe Garland RAW BM500 Sightron 10-50 ?
53/60* Cliff Smith TM1000 Sightron 10-50 AA 10.3
48/60 Mike Wright Steyr LG110 Sightron 10-50 FX 10.4
44/60 Bill Ellis Thomas Sightron 10-50 JSB 13.4
44/60 Jeff Hale TM 1000 Nikko Stirling 10-50 AA 10.3
38/60 Stylie Edwards Steyr LG110 Sightron 10-50 JSB 10.3

Hunter Class

33/60 Brent Browning HW100 Athlon 6-24 Barracuda Match
DNF Walt Roller Leshey Athlon 6-24 JSB 8.4

Any contact information for matches and tournament? I live in 2hrs outside of Nashville. Lexington tn.
Give David (happens to be an extremely tuner also hust in case you didnt know) a call:
https://www.invictaftc.org/contact.html
The schedule that is up is still 2023 but there are often "short call" matches if you stay in touch.
You might also meet a forum member who shoots FT, lives in Nashville and is also a lefty!

John

Now on the original post, knowing Jeff Hale (Jeff id you ever see Bobby on Hogfoot Hollow please send our regards.) I am pretty sure for some unkown reason he likes to shoot a 44 then pull all the rest of his shots. But there is no reason to sandbag at the State match.

Tammy and I certainly mess everyone at Invicta, Happy New Year to all.

John

Reactions: addison