• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2023 Squirrel Season

Season opener here in Alabama today. I didn't get out early as I was still worn out from yard work yesterday. Mid day was hot and I was sweating rivers while not finding any squirrels and I was getting worried that it was going to be a sucky opener for me but afternoon turned out to be better. I managed to get two, a fat female and a smaller male, using the Weihrauch HW100S and JSB 18's.

You would be surprised how fast you can send a pellet accurately. But a sizzler won’t win a 100 BR competition. For squirrels in a forest, 50 yards or so is a poke. So if your gun will still shoot nickel size groups at 50 with a smoking pellet, you’re golden. What happens when that pellet gets drunk at 70 80 or 90 yards is irrelevant because you’re not shooting that far.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
no,pellets dont like to go that fast,
groups will open up and youll get spiraling.

i find 850 -to- 900fps gives me the best groups with any gun.
I say it might be gun, tune or barrel that dictates the speed and accuracy. I have a BRK Ghost that can shoot sub MOA at 50 yards with JSB 18gr pellets flying close to 1000fps. It actually shoots them better than the 25 gr MRDs when they're being shot @ 880-900fps. Maybe those 18gr JSBs are all just spiraling perfectly to the right spot? It

Reactions: AirGunShooter