2023 Shot Show - anything cool or new and innovative in Springers?

I think all the innovations are already out there , it would just be a refinement which also means more $$ in research . are YOU ready to spend say $1500.00 on a 12 FPE springer ? (answer for me is yes i would )
would a company like HW tool up for a tuned out of the box match springer rifle for the general market ?

Feel like I am in the desert…….has everyone quit trying to innovate? Or are there no new ideas left? ‘Nothing new under the sun” Sigh…..
Sorry not to hijack this thread. But...

Last innovation I heard about was the Norica Omnia (introduced in 2021?)...I think Pyramydair was supposed to import those. Not one whisper. Be nice if they include a 12 FPE version. Or even sell a stock shell that goes over a TX200 action as it was originally designed to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis
With my days of shooting springers more than likely being over. Major shoulder surgery in December, I’m with the rest of you guys. There’s plenty of budget springers out there. There needs to be more springers coming from the factory with nice walnut stocks , better made barrels , quality tuned at the factory. I know AA pretty much does this on the 200 and ProSport but Weihrauch needs to step up their game.

I think that Weihrauch is doing it right. Build a high quality springer “metal wise” and put a cheap wood/synthetic stock on the high quality metal works. All the while staying in the game of affordable springers. Some are happy just out of the box while others like me go to work. Spring kits and custom stocks. Time I get done I have the $1000 in it but it is custom. People talk big about spending but when the rubber meets the road most just buy more guns.
Note. If Weihrauch can put a Walnut stock on the 35E for less than $100 upgrade, they could also do it on other models as well.

Sorry not to hijack this thread. But...

Last innovation I heard about was the Norica Omnia (introduced in 2021?)...I think Pyramydair was supposed to import those. Not one whisper. Be nice if they include a 12 FPE version. Or even sell a stock shell that goes over a TX200 action as it was originally designed to do.
This would be great, but it already exists in the TX200SR. Out of production for many years but worth looking for if you can find one. Also similar "sledge" systems on the FWB300 variants. If you want a current model then the Diana 54 is still available.

Reactions: fishing43
This would be great, but it already exists in the TX200SR. Out of production for many years but worth looking for if you can find one. Also similar "sledge" systems on the FWB300 variants. If you want a current model then the Diana 54 is still available.
I own two RWS 54. They can be finicky to adjust plus I have first hand experience regarding their scope eating abilities. The TX200SR as you said is no longer made. But from what I read on the forum and talking to someone who owned one (15 years ago?), TX200SR are very finicky to adjust and can come out of adjustment without warning. FWB 300 another great recoilless. Also out of production and tuned 670fps max with regular pellets. Not ideal unless shooting 10 m indoors (25 yards outdoors is probably max for regular shooters)

Not to spilt hairs but I feel the most innovative aspect of the Omnia is that the scope is mounted to the stock shell, the action recoils within the shell and the scope does not move or feel the full brunt recoil of the action (very different design from the RWS 54, TX200SR, and the FWB300). I know early examples of this ZRS design were tested in field target on a TX action. Mostly in Portugal? Would be nice if someone with first hand experience can comment on how successful or unsuccessful this design was in field target competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
We are a small, dwindling niche market. Even if there was something "earth shattering" developed, would there be enough profit to justify all that is necessary to bring said peice to fruition?
Mike you're right.
Just no profit to be had developing something new, giving a 5% edge over current HW, AA or Diana offerings :confused: .
PCP's like SUV's are more profitable than Springers. Who would have thought Porche would be selling SUV's?
They do because $$$ ...... that simple.

Mike you're right.
Just no profit to be had developing something new, giving a 5% edge over current HW, AA or Diana offerings :confused: .
PCP's like SUV's are more profitable than Springers. Who would have thought Porche would be selling SUV's?
They do because $$$ ...... that simple.
I think we need to clarify this statement, before we over generalize. The profit is too small given the market size for current LARGE corporations to consider. That said, there is most definitely a market for a small company to serve a niche client base that is willing to pay the higher price. There are plenty of examples of companies that started this way, eventually figuring out how to make their product development efficient enough to breakout into the mass market.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with meeting the needs of a niche market if there is demand. It just takes some creative thinking and good marketing. People have been conditioned to pay close to $1000 for a smart phone nowadays. Is a $1000 smart phone 5x better than a $200 smart phone? In general, I don’t think so, but in the mind of the consumer it’s worth it… the Airgun market is no different.

-Marty

Yeah, but once this small market abandons this new niche (after the honeymoon phase), the small company is sunk. The revelatory innovation must "Set a New Standard" for enough for consumers to keep coming back.

Too many examples of this as most small businesses fail .... unless the "labor of love" is too strong for the small business to resist.

I think in "our" market it is only niche builders . like Thomas and Mac1 , not belittling them in any way but company's large ones are just not going to spend the time to R&D a non high volume item . I shot a TX200 right out of the box and as good as it was I was having a hard time trying to justify $900 lefty . Lucky i found a tx wonderfully tuned used (still $900 ) but tuned and walnut stock lefty .

Reactions: maxtrouble