• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2023 Cajun Spring Classic Results

Well, the 2023 Cajun Spring Classic is in the books. We had a great turnout of 67 shooters from all over the country as well as Puerto Rico, many of whom we only get to see once or twice a year. For me, no doubt, catching up with good friends is the very best part of our competition. Our club appreciates each and every one of you who travelled down to the bayou state to join us!
Saturday dawned cloudy, warm and humid. Shooters were divided between our two woods courses, with the Hunter classes on Lagniappe, and Open/WFTF on Belle Terre. Lanes were predictably dark, especially the first hour, then brightened a bit. But, as the visibility improved the heat and humidity increased making it a challenge to maintain concentration as the morning wore on.
Conditions Sunday were much improved; low humidity and blue skies made for a beautiful day, and better scores for many. After lunch scores were tallied to discover we had 7 WFTF PCP shooters tied with a score of 101 which set up a shoot off for the ages. Once the smoke cleared Danny Ayers emerged the victor.
Also, wanted to make special mention of the fine shooting Brian Van Liew displayed this weekend, winning both the pistol and Open PCP division. Amazing, Brian!

The link below will take you to our results page, compiled by Jennifer Wylie, who probably does More than the rest of us put together to make this happen:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0PpMWqoMCpSuYMrAqEV1lKzn9PVMl6-C3cvx_/pubhtml
Thanks again for joining us in Cajun country, and for making the Spring Classic such a special event. Wishing you all happy shooting and a great season.
-Griff

53CF2BE8-F959-4712-97A5-BAD2B91477B4.jpeg

EA07460B-2E37-49CA-8AAF-EBF6E84D026B.jpeg

4F4038D3-E906-4E95-BD68-2FBE2D96E59A.jpeg

8F1E581B-5217-4171-82FA-179F8B8C1552.jpeg

EBD62474-CDAC-497D-85F9-DB3E23330987.jpeg

F47C018F-9393-4A3B-9903-EE2F9767B25F.jpeg

2D588208-4181-4DB4-AEDB-F57B2806D94F.jpeg

229AE7DB-A493-4AFF-A9B5-B562F46C1BD0.jpeg

3E57189B-261B-412F-B5F5-45EA788F1D96.jpeg

283F8A4B-5A10-49E2-BD2F-537715C54BDE.jpeg

D4F7C9EA-458A-4D2E-8DFF-F763782D053C.jpeg

B6520FA0-4B74-4C24-9991-67D66E9D9A20.jpeg

F9A5AB30-BF05-4BBA-A741-7B3AF87CE13E.jpeg

View attachment 345795

D9363DBC-C004-4B86-9B0A-ADA99535C455.jpeg

23313112-0CCB-4170-8E07-6FF9EAB12EA4.jpeg

861D5CBD-29FA-4405-9ED4-B79DD8ED9122.jpeg

73E7A3A9-D49A-4485-A07F-3710C7F568EC.jpeg

85531B7A-EBBD-496F-8936-56EC5AFD2494.jpeg

CC5730FE-9229-42D6-8B4B-41006028C201.jpeg

Last edited:
This was my first Grand Prix and what a great experience. The dual courses were challenging and a beautiful setting. Everyone was friendly and I learned some new tricks too. Many thanks to the Bayou Airgun Club for putting on a well run event.
My wife and I really enjoyed our visit to Baton Rouge.

I had the time of my life!! What a great bunch of people. Some know and most will not. This was my first time shooting field target or bench rest period. Why would I pick a Grand Prix event to be the first? Easy. I knew some of the best shooters would be there and I wanted to soak up every bit of knowledge I could to prepare for the next one. I put a Sightron FT scope on my son's Airmaks Katran, and had just enough time to zero it at home Wednesday night before leaving. It was actually only my second time even shooting a PCP. I show up Friday morning, and met alot of great people. After a lot of advice from John Taylor and Steve Govedich on the 25m bench rest, I managed 10th out of 18 I believe with a 227. Thank you guys for all your help. Can't wait to come shoot with you.

After the bench rest, Mike Dugas and JD Garland helped me tremendously with getting yardages on my parallax. All I had was my zero marked! I believe we spent 3 hours or so doing this. Thank you guys for helping me with this. So show up Sat morning, and Jerry Mcgee (Thank you Jerry), loaned me a set of shooting sticks, and I practiced shooting off these for the first time. Never used them before. Groups are finally called, and we make our way to our first lane. Had to apologize to my group, as I told them this was my first time ever shooting FT. I hadn't ever shot one of those knock down targets until our first lane. LOL. Talking about a total newbie!!

Anyways, I managed 68/120 hits for my first time. I think just over 50% was a great first time considering the venue, and had a great time doing it. Cannot wait to go to the PHA in NC in May.

I also want to thank everyone that helped me this past weekend, even if it was just to say hello, and especially Lauren Parsons and Philip Helpler, who I have emailed and chatted with many times asking for recommendations and advice. They never hesitated to help someone they never met. Thanks to Lauren, I hope to have my new Red Wolf ready to go soon.

Keith

Last edited:
I had the time of my life!! What a great bunch of people. Some know and most will not. This was my first time shooting field target or bench rest period. Why would I pick a Grand Prix event to be the first? Easy. I knew some of the best shooters would be there and I wanted to soak up every bit of knowledge I could to prepare for the next one. I put a Sightron FT scope on my son's Airmaks Katran, and had just enough time to zero it at home Wednesday night before leaving. It was actually only my second time even shooting a PCP. I show up Friday morning, and met alot of great people. After a lot of advice from John Taylor and Steve Govedich on the 25m bench rest, I managed 10th out of 18 I believe with a 227. Thank you guys for all your help. Can't wait to come shoot with you.

After the bench rest, Mike Dugas and JD Garland helped me tremendously with getting yardages on my parallax. All I had was my zero marked! I believe we spent 3 hours or so doing this. Thank you guys for helping me with this. So show up Sat morning, and Jerry Mcgee (Thank you Jerry), loaned me a set of shooting sticks, and I practiced shooting off these for the first time. Never used them before. Groups are finally called, and we make our way to our first lane. Had to apologize to my group, as I told them this was my first time ever shooting FT. I hadn't ever shot one of those knock down targets until our first lane. LOL. Talking about a total newbie!!

Anyways, I managed 68/120 hits for my first time. I think just over 50% was a great first time considering the venue, and had a great time doing it. Cannot wait to go to the PHA in NC in May.

I also want to thank everyone that helped me this past weekend, even if it was just to say hello, and especially Lauren Parsons and Philip Helpler, who I have emailed and chatted with many times asking for recommendations and advice. They never hesitated to help someone they never met. Thanks to Lauren, I hope to have my new Red Wolf ready to go soon.

Keith
Wow Keith, 68 is impressive considering the background story !

Keith
Keith, I enjoyed my time with you. You have a great start. Let's get it!!

I look forward to seeing you again, brother.

Keith, I enjoyed my time with you. You have a great start. Let's get it!!

I look forward to seeing you again, brother.
Thank you for the help on Sat. Hope I didn't slow you down. You had a great finish to the weekend. If you're going to the Pyramid Cup, I'll see you there. Look forward to shooting with you again.

Keith

Reactions: cavedweller
Hey Keith, what part of florida are you from? are you part of Jerry and Mikes FT group?

Rudy
I’m in the northern part of Jacksonville, up by the airport. I’m about 2 1/2 hours from them. Hope to get to go shoot with them soon. I’m planning to go to a competition almost every month up until Nationals if all goes smoothly.

Keith

A few lanes from the Cajun Spring Classic GP 2023 in Baton Rouge Louisiana.
Bayou Airgun Club
Griff Crutti, Jim Clarke, Derek Wall
#bayouairgunclub #cajunspringclassic @AAFTAfieldtarget #airgunfieldtarget #deadeyenc #teamcentercut

Thank you @DeadEyeNC

You encourage everyone and then snatch the victory. Great shooting man!!

Reactions: DeadEyeNC

Keith
Keith, Congrats on your many firsts! And congratulations to all the winners
Sounds like a great time, was had by all