• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events 2023 August 4-6 Rockville Fish & Game Grand Prix match

It’s all fun shoot against course not the other competitors, you miss a target fugettaboutit move on to next don’t physch yourself out, if you improve only one or two shots each match it doesn’t take long to be up there in standings. Most important thing is follow thru shot since pellet takes longer to exit gun, but go and have fun, I hunted all my life and did a lot of 22 lr target shooting thought I’d shoot at least 40 at first match shot 21 ,look at pistol scores above nobody is embarrassed by what they shot,all for fun unless you plan on going pro.
That last part was mostly a joke, my warped sense of humor doesn’t come though forums very well. I don’t expect to do well the first time, and will use it as a learning experience, but I also want to do my best. I have been tuning my new to me Marauder and it looks like I found a pellet and speed combination that will give me a fighting chance, so hopefully I get out to the next match.

Yes this was an outstanding Grand Prix. Leo, Cindy, Bill, kitchen staff and the rest of the RFG members did an above and beyond event. If you were lucky enough to get the Friday before noon they treated you to a free lunch, totally unexpected and was a great treat. The two woods courses had a very different feel from each other. Some of the lighting along with the target colors made ranging quite a challenge. While the matches were going club members waited on us with snacks and water. Did I mention the continental breakfast that was offered before match time. The tables were filled with donations (Thank you sponsors!). The organization and the execution was spot on for all aspects of this GP. It was a real treat and a GP to remember. See you there next year!

Reactions: BWAGS and gonzav71