2021 Huben K1 did anything change besides the carbon wrap? Pellets still okay?

I just noticed, in the pics of the wooden stock version (as per AGN, see link in enkey comment), the perforations in the shroud have moved from the front to the rear. I am perplexed.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I noticed the same thing. (Images from Huben's site)

Huben.1632859884.png

Huben-Zoom.1632860083.png

Huben-Zoom2.1632860259.png

Just wanted to add to this thread since I started it. I still love my K1. Hadn't shot it for about a month since I got my impact M3 compact. I pulled out the K1 this week and I completely forgot how much fun semi auto is. You go through 19 rounds so fast though. So that's about $4k between two rifles but I am 99% sure that these two are all I will need for my backyard up to 100 yard max plinking. That does not include air pistols though. :)

Can you just turn around the carbon fiber shroud? Looks like you can turn it so the holes face either way, front or back...on both the synthetic and the wood stock. Not sure what's inside though.

I really don’t know, but I am not sure why one would do that. The gun (2021 K1 .22 Wood Stock) shoots great, accurate out to 50 yards (could be great at 100 as well, I just haven’t taken it to the range to try it that far out), quiet and cycles perfectly. So far mine is just perfect, so I’m not gonna mess with it for no reason.

I would be interested to find out if there is a difference with the .25 though, especially in terms of shooting slugs or pellets.

Chris

Slugs are all I shoot outta my .25. I have 2 tins of JSB Mk 2 heavy, and yes, under 50 yards they are more accurate than slugs and will group tighter. The 2021 model .25 is particularly accurate with these and will stack ‘em at 50 yds, even at 1,000 FPS. I might have shot 3 mags of them total.
However, you can shoot slugs pretty hot outta this rifle, and mine groups the NSA dish base 26.8 grain hollow points just over a half inch at my 51 yard target, at various settings from 1020 to 1080 FPS. Owning the Impact .25 with slug liner and shooting the NSA Flat Base 29.5 grain hollow points with stellar accuracy has ruined me for pellets. I always stretch out my efforts past 50 yards, but even at 50, you can notice a difference in how slugs hit harder on target. Pellets slow down that fast!

I had actually ordered mine in .22 at first because of the super high BC .22LR type slugs it’s known to shoot, but the haunting thought of how much harder a .25 hits on target changed my mind, and I delayed my shipping a day by changing my mind, but received a courteous and prompt caliber change and Ares Tactical airguns had the .25 coming the next morning!

Many of the NSAs through the whole range will hold under an inch at 50 yards, and up close, the MK 2s do the job real well. You may find another weight NSA does better in your barrel, but around that 1,000 FPS mark, quite a few Slugs do pretty good. The 26.8’s I use will consistently ding a 12” steel at 217 yards at my house. These ranges are where slugs are King! AVOID the Huben style 46 grain round nose slugs that look like the .22 LR type ones the .22 is famous for. Only round that ever jammed mine up. I had to tap the mag with a wood block and hammer to break it free. I have thought twice about not going with that .22, but I think it would ONLY profit shooting high SD, long and heavy, like; 36 to 40 grain slugs over 150 yards. 
A mandatory treatment polishing the bore with JBs non embedding bore cleaner, but that’s all my rifles. You’ll tighten your groups by using it. I put the rod on the electric drill and spin it while slowly moving up and down the bore. Be sure to use oil to get all of that out, and just stay an inch or more away from the magazine!

You’ll love either one. Very hardy and forgiving platform to be so complex. 
Order it, homie!!