• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2021 Huben K1 did anything change besides the carbon wrap? Pellets still okay?

Brandon (bmr4life), congrats on your new Huben! 

When you've had more time to test it with those JSB 18.1's, could you share your reg setting, fps, and shot count before it falls off the reg?

I'll do what I can. I've still been chasing tuning for my lightweight pellets (14.3 Crosman HPs). I've already gone through 2500 of them and 500 JSBs. I tried going down to 12 MPA on the reg but that led to a wide swing in FPS from shot to shot. Kelly said to go up to 17 MPA and that got my under 10 STD. 

In my 11 yard basement range that wide swing led to my POI going up which happened consistently. POI starts low, goes right, then up and left. Very weird. These are all 19 rounds.

20210301_200207.1614651913.jpg

Turned the reg up to 17MPA and went down one click on the power wheel. It settled down a lot as shown in the left target where I shot as fast as I could (top and right fliers were my fault). Right target is the same previous 12MPA reg setting. Again, both targets are 19 rounds.

20210301_211343.1614652007.jpg

Since I will only be shooting light weight pellets the HUMA reg is an option for me, but Kelly suggests to keep trying with the Huben reg and even look into adding some more washers to it before buying a Huma.

Yeah, it's probably best to shoot it for a while and let that Huben regulator settle in. Just the changes you made per Kelly, have already improved your shot string.

He's almost finished tuning my 2021 K1 .22, and it should be shipping soon. I told him I wanted to shoot the JSB 25.4's as primary, with the option to click down for JSB 18.1's. He has my Huben reg set at 160 bar (16MPa), and says the JSB 25.4's are shooting well at 920 fps.

I would prefer the reg and fps set a little lower, but he said to keep it there for now as it's shooting real good. Kelly is easy to work with, and I trust his advice. He's the Huben expert. Also, when buying from him, if we screw things up, he can fix it :).

Plus, the Huben adjustments are external, so we can easily make changes if we want. We just better write down his initial baseline clicks and settings :).

I've only tried the nsa 31gr which were reported to shoot well, but i couldn't get a 1" group at 25 yards with them. I've been sticking with the .22 RDM in 25gr, it puts them in one small round hole at 25 yards. 18.3's are almost as good.

The balanced valve makes it really easy to shoot both pellet weights. 18s are just one click down on the power wheel. 25's go at 920, 18's at 900.

Does anyone know if the barrel is different from the 2020? I think I heard it's still morphing from year to year.

I love my '21 model K1. 

Mine is in .25. This thing is so compact and just dishes it out, bro!

I just wanna say; it's quite forgiving as well. I left the lock lever up prob 3 or 4 times just not thinking of this unusual task. It does the pop out the mag area, scary, then when I jiggle the mag and shut the lever, goes right back to ripping them!

Today it did the poof poof! thing with pellets (rather then slugs) in it. I looked and had shot it off the reg lol. Air refill, even the first shot was good from then on.

With most of the Neilson slugs from .26.8 grain dish base, the 36.2's, and of course the FX Hybrids, I'm shooting groups about 3/4 to an inch at 50, yet they also tag some long distance (217 yards for one) shots almost like the Impact X did, my old beloved silvertone that I basically traded for it. I've caught some of these slugs with my eye, and they look great in flight. Good indication that these groups don't seem to spread out at long range, as some destabilize, and cannot stay the course over a couple hundred or more yards.

The FX Hybrids and the 26.8 dish base blaze outta the barrel at 1080 or so. This is all with factory set reg at about 175 according to it's gauge. They stay as tight as the 36.2's running about 960. Wanna turn the reg up and see what it'll do. I'm finishing my makeshift 1996 manufactured 60 minute SCBA tank. With the PCP fill "station," Main valve, and dated tank; I have maybe 120 dollars in it all, and it works great.

I have to say that, while probably outta left field, this is truly a viable nimble and capable self defense airgun if there is one. I'd feel glad to have it in an altercation God forbid! Just saying, it's a fill-ya-with-holes-quick monster lol.

Please overlook my outlandish remarks, if you will. It is late. Very. Lol, thx.

Yes, the barrels are made in house since late 2020. They are unchoked Kelly would know for sure. Pre 2020 they had LW barrels. 

I have one setup with a TJ barrel installed completely an amazing beast, and is accurate as hell. Shoots pellets and slugs accurate and the same.

Correct. I had Kelly install a chocked LW barrel in my 2021 K1 to help with shooting inexpensive CHP ammo.

Yes, I hear Kelly is THE MAN when it comes to working on, modifying, etc. AND Has excellent service and work ethics.

However; 

i also wanna shout out to Zachary at Ares Tactical airguns as well.

After sale, he was extremely responsive to my emails. lol he actually answered one at 2:04 AM. When I ordered mine in .22 late at night, then changed my mind the next morning, he had to stop it from shipping as it was ready for UPS. While I missed the load that day, it was on the way next morning. Just wanted to say that. He’s been very helpful and responsive to communications. 

Not at all trying to detract from Kelly. I hear great things, like his videos, and prob will be sending mine to him if I cannot get 3/8” at 50 yards with some type of slug. Yeah, looks like he’ll prob be working on mine lol.

This thing is such s powerhouse! And the barrel is only 560 mm now. I am seriously considering a 28 inch barrel from TJs, and modifying the shroud or just going to an LDC