• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2021 HUBEN .25 Neilson slugs doing darned good post-JB Bore Brite polish

I just wrote a long reply last night about it. Slugs are all I shoot with my K1 after owning An Impact with slug liner shooting the NSA 29.5 all the time. Now…. It’s not quite as accurate and consistent as the impact was, but it’s close, and the semi auto, sub-32” overall length, and a great approx 2 lbs trigger make it so much better. I get .6 groups at 51 yards. That’s darn near MOA, and I’m sure it can get better, as I haven’t played with reg pressure whatsoever yet. It’s a rigid, robust and forgiving platform that’s flawlessly run at least a couple 1,000s of slugs through in 2 months or so. Only thing jammed it was the 46 grain round nose “Huben style” slugs that are a fatter version of the .22 LR style slugs the .22 is known for, and I really think it jammed because of low pressure. 
I flipped the mag unlock, tapped the magazine with a wood block and hammer, and off she went. Good to go. I haven’t shot them since. I got 500 of them which will prob get melted down when I find a mold that will work for it. 
These 2021 rifles are one hole at 51 yards with the JSB Mk 2 heavy, and I got 2 tins of ‘em. Mighta shot 3 mags. I just love the energy carry and far better trajectory of slugs. At 80 yards and beyond slugs are king. Heck maybe 50! 
I consistently ring 12” steel at 217 yards with it. 

If you let it sit in the smelting pot long enough the tin and antimony should float to the top and be skimmed off with a spoon. That should give you a better quality lead ( softer).
I dont know if you can still do this as my metal recycler burned down two years ago, but I would go there and occasionally they would have sections of lead pipe that your fingernail would mark. My not so scientific test for hardness. Thankfully I gathered up a supply as shooting 370 grain fifty cal maxi balls eats through a pound of lead in nothing flat. When hunting lead bring gloves as there aint no telling what was going through those pipes as in grey "water", Cheers.