• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Events 2020 September 27 Sunday Field Target Match Rockville Fish & Game (Vernon, CT)

Match Date: 2020 September 27, Sunday

Rifle Match – 54 shots – 27 targets – 9 lanes. Two shots per target – 6 shots per lane. 6 min time limit. One shooter per lane and will score themselves.

Course difficulty: Easy. Average distance is 27 yards with all full sized kill zones. Break barrel friendly. Only 5 targets over 40 yards. Possible perfect score for veteran shooters.

The following AAFTA classes and rules will be used:
PCP – Combined Hunter-Unlimited*, Open, WFTF 

Piston – Combined WFTF-Open-Unlimited*, Hunter 

*Unlimited Class (attached bipods, tripods, range finders are allowed) 

Start anytime from 10:00 AM until 12:00 Noon. Practice range and course will be open. 

Entry fee: $15 Adults, $10 Juniors or RFG members
Must sign a waiver/release of liability form. Eye protection is required. Use face coverings when 6 feet separation is not possible. Hand sanitizer will be available. 

Highly recommend bringing your own folding chair. PCP shooters should bring their own air supply. Those who use rifle carriers must cover the entire rifle or just use a rifle case instead.

Location: Police Range, Rockville Fish & Game Club, Fish & Game Rd, Vernon, CT 06066 (I-84, Exit 67, Route 31-Mile Hill Rd) Use second gate on left not club house gate.

GPS Coordinates: 41.842105, -72.421880

http://www.rockvillefishandgameclub.com/

e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]

Notice: This is the second air gun field target match for Rockville Fish & Game club. They are testing the waters to see if air gun field target is popular enough to warrant a regular event at the club.

download.png
View attachment 1598827547_17689192935f4c2c1bdeaa26.09902227.pdf

B just alerted me to this. I'm going to try and make it to this - it will be my first competition.

Help a total competition noob out here - I have a PCP carbine shooting 15fpe in .22 - would that be appropriate (I know .177 is better, but I don't have a .177 setup I would use right now) - and what class would I shoot? I'm gong to read through the rules PDF and I don't want to bulk up this thread with details, so if anyone could PM me to chat I would appreciate it.

Ctshooter,

I will send you a PM. You can shoot unlimited class if you do not have a range-finding scope but have a laser range finder. We do not shoot from a bench. So bring a shooting sticks and a pad or stool to sit on. Your rifle should be fine since it is under 20 FPE. You can watch this YouTube video of a person shooting hunter PCP class.

https://youtu.be/joQGHAbket4

Leo

B just alerted me to this. I'm going to try and make it to this - it will be my first competition.

Help a total competition noob out here - I have a PCP carbine shooting 15fpe in .22 - would that be appropriate (I know .177 is better, but I don't have a .177 setup I would use right now) - and what class would I shoot? I'm gong to read through the rules PDF and I don't want to bulk up this thread with details, so if anyone could PM me to chat I would appreciate it.

Your .22 will be fine to get you started, I’m shooting unlimited class prone of bipod or sitting of tripod and use rangefinder. 
Any other class got restrictions like scope magnification in hunter class no bipods attached or tripods and no rangefinders. 
Any questions shoot me a PM. 

B