2020 Rocky Mountain Airgun Challenge | *CANCELED*

This is probably one of the toughest decisions we have ever made. We are sad to announce the cancelation of the 2020 Rocky Mountain Airgun Challenge. As we hope you can understand, there are still too many variables in regards to travel, gathering restrictions and attendance for us to move forward. 

We worked tirelessly to try and make this year work out, but it just wasn't feasible with the many issues surrounding travel, events & health concerns. 
We will start refunding your registration fees in full this week. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

We hope to see you next year and can promise that we will put 200% effort into making sure 2021 R.M.A.C. is bigger and better than ever! Please s
tay healthy and safe. 

-Utah Airguns

-Rocky Mountain Airgun Challenge

1591025255_5010912885ed51e67565a78.51298537.jpg

I cannot agree with this decision!! It must be based on difficulties of overseas shooter's travel to the US. While I get that FX has a lot of overseas shooters coming in, there is enough domestic shooters to field all competitions. I know a hard decision has been made but I just don't agree with it in the least. I mean we're still over 2 months away.............C'est la vie.

Hello,

We can sympathize with the frustration, believe us please. If you were able to see the behind scenes work to try to pull this event off, it would be a little easier to understand. There is a reason most large-scale events are canceled well through the summer into fall now. Our county currently has a limit on number of people in a gathering. That is obviously a game stopper and with the unknowns it would be hard to start making massive investments when we may not be able to legally put on the event. We would love to wait until beginning of August to see if things clear up, but with everyone making travel & lodging plans it is something we needed to make a tough call on now.

Liability, restrictions, high attendee cancellations, contributing companies being shutdown, etc. are all variables. The international travel is only one small variable (of the many) that forced us to this decision. 

Again, we understand and sympathize with your frustration. We are upset about this situation as anyone. The negative shots really don't make this easier for us though. 

-R.M.A.C.

Austin, Justin, you guys & team put on a great event. We were all looking forward to it. RMAC 2020 was a bright spot I could focus on a look forward to.

All my travel plans, bookings, vacation time were made twice now. I know these things are out of your control but I have to voice my opinion. I believe a better decision would have been to keep the event and lower the prize money or something to that effect. Utah has not seen much Covid-19 at all. I've had my guys working up there right in the middle of all this in Vernal. I don't see why your behind the scenes prep work couldn't have moved forward. Perspective is everything and obviously many are completely different. Sorry to be frustrated and voice it but I'm just being honest. 

I know it wasn't easy and you've made your decision. I'll move on now and focus on EBR. Cheers.

I saw that coming and is understandable, all this Covid19 problem is not over, northern hemisphere is going to summer and bugs are usually less, but southern hemisphere is going to winter, so stats in the northern Hem. Are not valid for southern and things might change fast to the whole world without notice. In my country (Chile) and after about 3 month in lockdown, things are still getting worse. (all good in my side, for now)

So 2020 for the whole word is still to be seen, what was normal for travelers before will change. Only hope that Mayans were not dyslexic (or the guys that made the "translation") meaning 2012 will change to 2021 ...jaja (just kidding)

Crisis = Opportunity some say, hope in donno 1 or 2 years from now we can laugh about all this, when the "human" world got freeze due a virus.

Stay healthy and cheers to all!

The first four posts after the OP were Team Centercut. Of course we were disappointed but are not internal to the decisions being made, for whatever reason, whether we agree with them or not. The comments were not made to "put down" UAG or FX (the major sponsor), only to express our disappointment, as Derrick ( @zx10wall ) discusses in his second post. 

We had a great time in 2019, had been preparing all Winter for the RMAC events, and were super excited to come to Utah again. We had even planned to go to UAG as a Team on Wednesday afternoon to introduce the Team and say hello. 

We lost 1/2 of our June lodging $ with AirBnB the first cancellation (5 bedroom house) and now we'll hopefully have better luck with the home rental refund in August. We were all planning to drive (as were most), so travel was never an issue. 

No hard feelings for UAG, Justin, Austin, and FX. We still admire you and will definitely show up in 2021. 

I want to echo what Mike said. We're all going a little crazy because of COVID-19. My disappointment wasn't directed at Fx or any of the Utah team, I have mad respect for all of you. I know it was a tough call. I had a blast at EBR and was really looking forward to meeting the Utah folks on their home turf. There is always next year 😁!

In the mean time, if I said anything to offend the Utah team, you have my apologies. -Dave