• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events 2020 CALIFORNIA STATE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIP IS MOVERD TO MORRO BAY 10-17~18

Hey, that's going to be at SLOSA, my home range! Actually, I have never shot air guns competitively, but my competitive shooting started with Steel Challenge at SLOSA's Hogue Range, and for the last 4 years I have been shooting Cowboy Action, at the range right next door to the Small Bore Range (where it looks like the CASA meet will be held).

Unless we have an unusual year the October weather is normally great in San Luis Obispo/Morro Bay.

I think that I'm gonna have to come out and see what goes on at these matches now that I've recently gotten back into air rifles (D@mn you Steve Scialli)!

2020 California State Field Target Competitor List

Competitor Class Division Pistol

Biergiel, Fred PCP Hunter No

Burns, Wayne PCP WFTF ?

Callihan, Pat PCP Open No

Corder, Bill PCP WFTF Limited

Corder, David PCP WFTF No

Cyran, Jim PCP Hunter No

Eannetta, Terry PCP Hunter Hunter

Ebersole, Randy PCP WFTF ?

Hull, Scott PCP Hunter Hunter

Jiang, Alex PCP WFTF No

Jobbs, Ron Piston Open Hunter

Kernit, Cameron Piston WFTF Limited

Knapp, John PCP Hunter Hunter

Hawe Kelly PCP Open No

Kwakkestein, Garrett PCP WFTF No

Lovitt, Cris PCP Hunter ?

Lu, Son PCP WFTF No

Marqu, Rizalde PCP WFTF Limited

Otsuka, Alan PCP Open No

Parsons, Lauren PCP WFTF No

Poh, Jim Piston WFTF No

Rogers, Rick Piston Open No

Rowling, Conrad PCP Hunter No

Schneider, Scott PCP Hunter Hunter

Sumner, Jacob Piston Hunter ?

Taylor,Darren PCP WFTF Hunter

Wyse, Dana PCP WFTF Limited

Bagakis, John PCP Hunter Hunter

Bricker, Mike PCP Hunter NO

Pacheco, Vince PCP Open Hunter

Chavez, Jack Piston Hunter No

Niksch, Mike PCP WFTF Limited

LD PCP ? ?

PLEASE NOTE:

1. We are very pleased to have this many competitors for the 2020 CA State Field Target Match. The MAXIMUM number of competitors for this match is 45.

2. The sight-in range will be open for practice on Friday 10/16/2020 from 3:00 pm until dark.

Apparently there was a vegetation fire today at the range where this match will be held. I won't be out to SLOSA until next weekend so I don't know how much burned. During a match by the Small Bore Association, a spark from a hit on a large Ram target ignited the brush, and the fire started burning back towards the firing line. At this point the fire has been fully extinguished and all emergency personnel have left the scene. I don't believe that it reached the firing line, nor impacted any of the benches/tables. Hopefully it just cleared some of the brush on the ground down-range.

Our local weather has been unusually hot and windy, with several days last week finding San Luis Obispo well over 100 deg for daytime highs. Will be cooling off significantly starting tomorrow. Plus Cal Fire earlier this year had several controlled burns on the grass land surrounding the SLOSA shooting ranges.

Just got a message from Scott H that the course is ready to go and we are all excited to be helping CASA put on another great CA State Match. The weather is shaping up to be fantastic and it looks like we are going to have a great turnout. What more could you ask for!!

Just a reminder that Covid rules will be in effect for the match, make sure you bring your masks and be ready to keep social distancing in mind. The SLSBA range will make it easy to follow the rules as we are outside almost all the time. 

An important note about meals. One of the Covid rules in place is that all meals served in a group environment must be in single serving packaged form. We will be having lunch provided for all participants on Sat and Sun, but no breakfast or dinner will be provided. So keep this in mind when preparing for the weekend. Scott said that he will keep the Barbeques fired up for people to cook and there are plenty of electrical outlets around for hot plates etc. So please plan on providing your own breakfasts and dinners. As of Sept 22nd San Luis Obispo County was allowing limited indoor dining due to dropping Covid cases as well as outdoor dining, so there should be some options for those who prefer to eat out. 

Look forward to enjoying a great "get out and enjoy life" weekend with a bunch of friends!

Jim in Sacramento

I went out to the range yesterday and mowed the 15 lanes. It's ready to set targets. The fire from last Sunday was about 200 yards out from the FT course, so no affect on us.

Restaurants in Morro Bay are open. Lots of outdoor dining. I think they are allowing 50% occupancy indoors. My wife and I ate indoors at Tognazzini's Dockside Restaurant last week.

Outstanding ... at 30 shooters and counting.

Thank you Scott H in getting the facility & lanes we'll use mostly ready ! 

The SVFTC had offered to set the course/s ( Rifle & Pistol ) and manage it during the weekends event. Most of us ( SVFTC ) are driving down on Thursday.

We will see that all the targets get fresh paint, operate as they should, then set the courses up on Friday. We're also bringing along our clubs excellent winders with braided fishing line that offer a No stretch reset and won't hang up in the grass & weeds for the rifle course.

Pistol course will set up as years previous in the adjoining range area to the west. Set up likely to be similar to last years with an ever changing shooting direction from one end to the other.

At this juncture the CASA FT club running this event has not said / told us how many shots per day there planning for Rifle / Pistol.

CYA all in @ 9 days .. be safe in your travels !!

Scott S

SVFTC

I've been out in the fields at the range this week without any bug spray and have gotten no bites, but there will be Permethrin at the match if you want some protection.

Local weather forecast for next weekend is sunny, mid 70's F. - near perfect.

I got a new 3D printer setup that can do up to 36" tall/long. The intent was to be able to print rifle stocks. First one I did is for my Diana Skyhawk. It's about 1.5 lb lighter than the laminated stock:

IMG_2629.1602372779.JPG