$2000 PCP or 2 $1000 PCP

I have owned a .25 streamline for a year now and I absolutely love it. It has effortless accuracy and I haven't had a single issue with it. But.... 90 percent of the time I'm walking in the woods looking for critters. The weight is ok but it's a bit long by the time you put a moderator on it. A .22 streamline might solve this but I am selling my streamline soon and moving into a Wildcat .22. if I was more of a paper puncher I would keep the streamline and get a Wildcat like your thinking of but if I'm honest with myself I don't need both. 

"RabbitDan"I have owned a .25 streamline for a year now and I absolutely love it. It has effortless accuracy and I haven't had a single issue with it. But.... 90 percent of the time I'm walking in the woods looking for critters. The weight is ok but it's a bit long by the time you put a moderator on it. A .22 streamline might solve this but I am selling my streamline soon and moving into a Wildcat .22. if I was more of a paper puncher I would keep the streamline and get a Wildcat like your thinking of but if I'm honest with myself I don't need both.
If you are not in a hurry to “move to a Wildcat” wait about 1.5 months and see what Shot Show brings our way. New Wildcat may be on the horizon. May be a good deal on someone wanting to upgrade too.

"intenseaty22"
"RabbitDan"I have owned a .25 streamline for a year now and I absolutely love it. It has effortless accuracy and I haven't had a single issue with it. But.... 90 percent of the time I'm walking in the woods looking for critters. The weight is ok but it's a bit long by the time you put a moderator on it. A .22 streamline might solve this but I am selling my streamline soon and moving into a Wildcat .22. if I was more of a paper puncher I would keep the streamline and get a Wildcat like your thinking of but if I'm honest with myself I don't need both.
If you are not in a hurry to “move to a Wildcat” wait about 1.5 months and see what Shot Show brings our way. New Wildcat may be on the horizon. May be a good deal on someone wanting to upgrade too.
i have seen this rumor bouncing around here and I would be more than willing to wait if it's a whole new Wildcat. But if they are just gonna make STX barrels for the existing WC than I need to jump on this sweet deal I have lined up. Have you heard one way or the other?

I bought a Royal 400 and Crown 25 initially as my first two PCPs. Sold both for similar reasons that you describe. The Royal was nice, but a little too loud and adding a moderator made it too log for my taste. The Crown in .25 was a laser, but also felt like a Howitzer in my neighborhood. Wildcat 22 with Sumo moderator is on the way. It would be luck to get it only to see a new version come out right after. 

All I will say is research research research....then pays your monies and take your chances.

The gun....depends on what you want and how you roll....Me, I like playing with different stuff....so different guns do it for me, Others are happy to totally master one....different strokes and all.

As to the cheap chinese compressor, research that as well, parts are out there, no worries....but it is a bit less.....refined....I guess I will say with the water cooling and all the way that is setup. I have yet to see any photos or videos of someone tearing down their $2000 daystate compressor.....I would love to see the inside of one to see how it is built....we all know the innerds of the chinese....and it aint that bad.

Let's see, I started with an .22 AAS510 and Huma regulated it. It's still one of my favorites. light and just feels natural in my hands. I've cut the tune back so I can compete in field target events.
Then I got a .25 Streamline. Like it too, but it doesn't feel as good in my hands. Nice rifle though, laser accurate. Zero issues w/ it.
Then came a little .177 pistol, the PP700S-A. It spent more of it's life being modded than in my hands. I've finally got it back and it's fun, but anything beyond 10m and the red dot doesn't work very well for me. I had LASIC so all I see is a big star. Maybe a scope in it's future.
Then came the Impact in .30. This is by far the most fun gun I own. Yea, it was expensive, but it's a barrel of fun and is laser accurate. Even got 2x of the side shot magazines and one one fill it's good for two mags. IDK how it'd travel in the woods, it's pretty heavy compared to the AAS510, but I suppose I'd carry it anyway just because it's such a good shooter.

I would get friendly with your local SCUBA shop and not worry about a compressor at this time. You can pick up a steel tank which will do 3500psi or spend some bucks and get a CF tank which hold 4500. The CF tank is my next investment as the Impact is quite a thirsty little beastie.

So, to answer your question directly, I would get an Impact and a CF bottle. You might choose to do it differently though and pickup the AAS510 or a Streamline and a steel SCUBA tank. You'll still have spent $2k by the time you have it outfitted with scope and fill system. An Impact it's accessories and a CF tank and fill system is probably well north of $3k