• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

200 Yards!

I would bet you would cut the dispersion of that group horizontally by 1/2, just by adding a single streamer 10 feet from your bench that you can see when you look through your scope…

It appears to me that you were shooting in excellent conditions, and if your scope was set up for point of impact dead center, You were either missing some real gentle switches, because you couldn’t see them. Or else you couldn’t see the variability in the wind, if it was all in one direction.

A single dowel with a sharpened end and a streamer on top is so much better than nothing. And you want it close to you because that’s where the wind impacts things the most.

mike

I would agree 100%. Shoot when you can!

That said, for some reason it’s tough to convince people to use flags. Part of it is, They think they need something fancy, which is not the case. You just need a wind direction and velocity indicator.

A piece of yarn tied to something you can see would work better than nothing.

Once people try shooting with flags it’s all over. 

mike

I too never shoot long range what's the point. But a couple weeks ago I put a 25 barrel on my Maverick and just for grins shot at a crow at 199y got a double one shot. Next day another with one shot next day another with 3 shots. This is starting to look like another addiction. 34gr JSBs

15 mil holdover

that’s how I got hook on long range. Was messing with slugs with my friend and my impact shot really well with the 23 grain .22 slugs. My friend was shooting and I saw a house sparrows on a branch 114 yards away. Put in strelok and got the hold over and told him to dial I think it was 8 mils. I figured it was a wild shot but he squeezed the trigger POP!!! We both were shocked, never done anything like that before. Then there was a pigeon on the same tree and I was shooting, put the dot in center mass and POP!!!! We both were flabbergasted! From that day on I was hooked…..hooks, line and sinker!