200 yard groups

1DAED921-0ECB-493D-B886-96F3D81109BA.jpeg
CB3EB707-1F51-4CD6-AFA5-9B390D25D58D.jpeg
3CDF19B5-AF00-4C68-B66C-9239932DBDF2.jpeg
0EFB606B-DE17-4C32-B151-92A585634759.jpeg
B901C900-AD00-470E-A9A5-EE3542B52714.jpeg

Decided to see what my setup could do at 200 yards. See what groups, if they grouped at all, looked like and see how accurate StrelokPro is that far out.

Setup: M3 impact no power block, stock hammer (no slug power kit), 700mm .25 cal superior heavy liner, nsa pin probe, H&N Heavy .249 40gr slugs 950 fps, element helix 6-24x ffp moa, eagle vision rings, atlas bipod, fx barrel tuner, and fat boy 2.0 moderator.

I was kinda shocked at the results. Wind was 5-10mph switching from the side to right behind me. So definitely not in a vacuum. Definitely real world hunting conditions for me. The first group was about 3 inches across. Which I thought was great for the first time shooting out this far. It was about 2moa low and 1 moa left of where StrelokPro had me aiming. Not to shabby imo.

Made an aim adjustment and my God!!! When I saw the first 3 shots almost touching I got super excited. Even the 4th shot was dang close! Then the 5th shot the wind shifted or I got to excited and it kinda went off but still a great group.

After that I tried another group and the wind changed so much I didn’t even make it on paper 🤦‍♂️.

Changed hold point for another group for the wind and it was about double the size of the first group. The wind had doubled in strength while gusting up then turning off completely. It was a cold dry wind so it made my eyes start to water. So I packed it up. I have much more confidence in my system now though seeing what it can do!

If I get my elevation and wind hold correct I can definitely take a pigeon that far out.

View attachment 322182View attachment 322183View attachment 322186View attachment 322185View attachment 322184
Decided to see what my setup could do at 200 yards. See what groups, if they grouped at all, looked like and see how accurate StrelokPro is that far out.

Setup: M3 impact no power block, stock hammer (no slug power kit), 700mm .25 cal superior heavy liner, nsa pin probe, H&N Heavy .249 40gr slugs 950 fps, element helix 6-24x ffp moa, eagle vision rings, atlas bipod, fx barrel tuner, and fat boy 2.0 moderator.

I was kinda shocked at the results. Wind was 5-10mph switching from the side to right behind me. So definitely not in a vacuum. Definitely real world hunting conditions for me. The first group was about 3 inches across. Which I thought was great for the first time shooting out this far. It was about 2moa low and 1 moa left of where StrelokPro had me aiming. Not to shabby imo.

Made an aim adjustment and my God!!! When I saw the first 3 shots almost touching I got super excited. Even the 4th shot was dang close! Then the 5th shot the wind shifted or I got to excited and it kinda went off but still a great group.

After that I tried another group and the wind changed so much I didn’t even make it on paper 🤦‍♂️.

Changed hold point for another group for the wind and it was about double the size of the first group. The wind had doubled in strength while gusting up then turning off completely. It was a cold dry wind so it made my eyes start to water. So I packed it up. I have much more confidence in my system now though seeing what it can do!

If I get my elevation and wind hold correct I can definitely take a pigeon that far out.
Really nice job at 200, especially in the conditions you describe! It's results like this that will make me smile for days.

On another thread someone asked if the FX Impact was worth it. Well, if you are interested in the best accuracy possible, then I say yes. It may take some work to get there, but it's possible.

I remember, when they were small, reading my kids a book where the wind was so strong the farmer attached cast iron skillets to his kids feet so they wouldn't blow away and called them "wind shoes". Sounds like your area of the country.