20 yard "Wanabe like Manabe" - Shooting Challenge

That's some great shooting by Jimmy and Renae! Way to plugged them Targets!!! I think Renae is going to shoot a 250 before either you or Paul....She's a natural target shooter!
When I go to LD's to shoot BR matches, we use a .22 gauge to measure all the targets....The .177 and the .22.
Can't wait to see a target by CK!! Haven't seen on in a while.
Paul, Your target is looking great. You keep on improving....I am certain you'll hit a 250 in one of your matches...Unless it's against Renae, then she's got you and Jimmy beat!...lol

I noticed her shooting prowess Mike.
I just bought a game changer for me, a used Styer LG110 FT in .177

I just scoped it yesterday and am working on the pellets and power. It is a little hot at 905 fps . I intend to lower it a bit to around 850 to 875 fps for the 10.13 pellets. It gave me decent groups and several hole in hole shots at 30 yds outside, but I need it more like 5 out of 5 in hole shots.....I also dream of hitting the lottery too......lol

"strikefast"I noticed her shooting prowess Mike.
I just bought a game changer for me, a used Styer LG110 FT in .177

I just scoped it yesterday and am working on the pellets and power. It is a little hot at 905 fps . I intend to lower it a bit to around 850 to 875 fps for the 10.13 pellets. It gave me decent groups and several hole in hole shots at 30 yds outside, but I need it more like 5 out of 5 in hole shots.....I also dream of hitting the lottery too......lol
You have got it Bad!!! How many rifles have you gone through in this short period of time? When Jimmy said you were hooked, he wasn't kidding.
I have always admired the Steyrs, but their prices kept them out of reach. I hope yours is a keeper!
Have you looked into getting one of the Thomas rifles from Mike Niksch...His are the hottest rifles on the BR circuit. Their precision is becoming well known among benchrest shooters...though I do not know how they would fair as an FT rifle?? 
Good luck tuning the Steyr....sounds like a fantastic rifle
Mike

"CampFussell"Thanks Mike. The best part is that it was her idea to shoot. I'm just walking past her in the kitchen and she says " I feel like shooting the air rifles. You want to punch some paper? " Gotta love her <3
You're so lucky Jimmy!!!
I need to find a woman like that!!
Renae....got any relatives in California?!?
MIke

Actually Mike contacted me as I emailed back and forth about benchrest rifles. Asked if I would be interested in his FTbmodel. I did send a reply asking prices but did not get a response. Then the Styer came up for the rt price from our club president. Knowing his rifles and he nevervhaving junkers I jumped!

He wants to shoot springer in FT now. He made the proverbial
Godfather offer I could not refuse...Do far do good Mike. It is so modular I can work with it to make it right even if it has a flaw. I have not had seen any yet..keeping my fingers crossed...

Boy, you're really moving up the list on the finest rifles available for FT shooting. Sounds like this Stery was already in tip-top condition so it seem you will not have to adjust it.
Going from a PCP to a Springer....hmmmm...guess he want's more of a challenge while shooting!....most people would do the opposite.
Well, it's all good for you.
You're gonna get Jimmy a little jealous, and he's going to have to buy another new rifle!..lol
Nice Purchase....Hope it works out well for you
Mike

Shot my first 25 meter WRABF target with my new to me .177 Cricket rifle today. I finally broke the 240 barrier with a score of 240 with two x's. Used the .22 score gauge on it. Shot 8.44 gr JSB pellets straight out of the tin. Bagged front and rear with scope on 16 power.
Only had time for this one target. Wish I had gotten out earlier.

Maybe I need to start a 25 meter Wanabe like Manabe post ? ;-)

"Coldking"finally got to shoot a card today. I've been wanting to get in some practice for some time now. And as usual the weather sucked!
storm moving in- winds gusting to over 20 mph -
everytime I thought that I had it figured out, it would change direction arrrrrrr-
shot at 25 meter with the Steyr lg 110 Hunter high power - .22 cal/ Schmidt bender set at 35 magnification 
on a one piece rest 

Jimmy, I ordered one of those scoring devices today, might have Added a few points?
peace and Schitty weather Grease
CK

Wow Frank, that is awesome. Looking at that target.I would say it's a 242 or more with the scoring gauge? That is just great and you were shooting in the wind to boot!

Thanks Guys! 
Need a calm day to get less frustration --
Paul you'll really enjoy shooting an Allen Z tuned rifle, he truly works magic on em! When I sent Allen my Steyr - I'd purchased a .22 cal FX smooth twist barrel to send along with the rifle - told Allen to install it and compare it to the barrel that came with the Steyr, Allen told me, hands down that the Original barrel smoked the smooth twist! So now I've got a smooth twist just hanging around----
i keep hearing about the Thomas rifles? They look a lot like the Mac-1 USFT guns?
what kind of price range? And what pellet do they shoot?
i think I visited his Facebook page through a link, once? 
Wonder what kind of center to center at 25 meters?
anyhoot - mo guns Mo Guns ---
CK

Frank, I started to get a Thomas and was talking with Thomas getting some advice. His rifles are the cats....SS. His guns have the BR community cleaning house with them. He quoted me $3000.00 for his BR gun. Then he emailed about a FT gun based on his BR platform.

I asked a price but did not get a response. Then the Styer came my way. His FT gun has power adjustments to shoot all levels of comp.
The stock is supposed to come off with 1 bolt so you can convert it to a BR gun.

Allen Z is great to deal with. Very down to earth. I am sure the rifle will come back a good competive piece for my FT competitions.

3000 isn't bad if it gives the consistently -- 
thats the beauty of the Steyr the extreme spread is around 8 FPS --
if these Thomas rifles can hug that line - winners for sure.
they still remind me of Mac-1s USFT rifle. And I see in the homepage a photo of a bunch of guys, and LD is in there. He's one of the inventors of that USFT rifle - if I'm not mistaken - maybe Mike Manabe can chime in?
CK
P.S 
Allen is Good People!
i just love to talk to him. Trouble is we end up talking till 2 am ;)
tell me what's the best way to contact the Thomas company? 
Phone or email?